Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Fight Training Programs

Fellow TG

With our last CPL meeting we had discussed adding some training to our FNF nights, a great thing for both new members to learn and for veterans to refresh on. As a whole I figured to put this out here to see what kind of training as a group we would like to see in the future, and if we had individuals who would like to volunteer for these small training events? For everyone's enjoyment its best to consider something that could be conducted in a rough 15 minute time limit, not to say we can't go over as there isn't a hard time for these but longer classes may be better setup as a scheduled separate class. I think it's say to say that we would love any positive input in these so we can better plan our training's or to have quick access to ideas for a on the spot training selection.

I personally have really appreciated the training sessions so far and would love to do more. Some thing that would be helpful to me (I don't know about other people) would be learning what sort of equipment specifically is expected when a general loadout is called. (i.e what constitutes an AV or AI squad). I have other questions but most of them are just due to me being new to planetside whereas majority of members in TG are veterans. Also if i was ever interested in attempting squad leadership, would that be something that could be done in group training? or is that a seperate thing?

Comment

A good idea I think would be to do a class of reasonably short length, 15 minutes to take your example at the start of FnF, and do 3 things:

1: Teach something new / something advanced that has been taught before but not to everyone.
      2: Go over the main points taught at the previous session as a refresher.
      3: Go over basic TG drill(s) and/or procedure(s), such as proper use of comms / formations / how to properly call out a target etc. again to refresh the minds of the vets, and accustom new members to the TG way.

I look forward to these kinds of regular sessions getting started! Many of the TG vets are very wise, I believe their teachings will prove invaluable.
      To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Comment

I think Sly's FnF training session worked great today. We learned proper point hold procedures, and proper callouts for the buildings eg. "skinny stairs rush".

This training was put in to practice for most of the rest of the night, and I believe did us a lot of good with it being so fresh in everyone's minds.

Looking forward to more! :)
        To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rybthod View Post
          I personally have really appreciated the training sessions so far and would love to do more. Some thing that would be helpful to me (I don't know about other people) would be learning what sort of equipment specifically is expected when a general loadout is called. (i.e what constitutes an AV or AI squad). I have other questions but most of them are just due to me being new to planetside whereas majority of members in TG are veterans. Also if i was ever interested in attempting squad leadership, would that be something that could be done in group training? or is that a seperate thing?
          That kind of content (kit load out) might be best described in a forum post, rather than in game demo/training. The other problem is that info gets stale pretty quick. And therein lie the rub in maintaining any kind of list for loadouts. They come out with new guns, utility and slot items, etc. and furthermore also make adjustments all the time. Although maybe some general points could be made. I'm pretty familiar mentally with a lot of the forum posts in PS2 going back years and I don't really recall seeing anything like that though off the top of my head, of course I could be wrong.

As far as squad leadership, just approach any Corporal or above, or perhaps make a post in the Contact An Admin forum. A good time to do that in game IMO is later on in the evening, then the pressure is not so great to perform and you can just learn. Also the late night crew are all very experienced, the squad will almost run itself. At any rate, they will be happy to have someone else leading, so you won't likely have any back seat SLing (other than your "coach" Corporal or above).

Some would recommend doing SL training comms in TeamSpeak for privacy purposes, you may prefer this but I always preferred to do it right in squad. This has 2 benefits: the squad members can hear when you or the trainer is talking and therefore don't step on you in squad comms whilst you are talking in TS, and the second benefit is that the other squad members may pick up something useful. At minimum they should become pretty quickly aware of what is going on, and then perhaps be a little more patient with the process, or alternatively elect to leave if that's not their cup of tea just at that particular time. Which is fine. But the overwhelming majority of squad members are interested in following along in my experience.

We always could use another squad leader. Besides, SLing is fun! It's a little different, can be more challenging and require a different skill set than just being a squad member, but it's also more rewarding IMO. And you can build real leadership skills that do transfer directly over into real life (and vice versa), even though you learned them in a virtual environment.

Best of luck!
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X