Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] High Paced Tactical Squad

Greetings all,
    Starting 12/20/16 8:30PM EST I will be running a High Paced Tactical Squad. Basically the idea of this squad is to bring our A game, move fast and learn from one another. This will purely be infantry play centered around point holds and defenses. This squad will run for 1 hour every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30-10pm. The squad will come with some basic standards that will need to be upheld for it to succeed.
    Standards:
    • TG primer
    • Sportsmanship
    • Willingness to improve and grow
    • Callouts, base tactics, postioning, comms discipline
    • Fast movement and preparedness
    • Attendance(at least once a week)

The goals of this squad will be to create a learning environment for infantry play, fight a good fight, bring TG members closer together and bring our A game. This is completely voluntary and nobody is forced to play this style but if you do stay the standards must be upheld. After we run the full hour we will spend a half hour doing a quick AAR and go over improvements. If this takes off and we see growth and improvement I would like to take the squad over to PTS for scrims against each other. Also VS/TR vacation where we get to know our enemy. If you have questions comments or concerns please comment below.

PS: Show up early to get a spot from 8-8:30pm EST. I'll be starting squad in VR at this time setting up and shooting mans.

Hope to see you on the 20th,
    Sly
    Last edited by SlyfoxV; 01-03-2017, 09:42 PM.

I love the idea and will definitely be doing this. I'm a little confused however. You say that a nobody is forced to play this style, but you say attendance at least once a week is expected. How do you determine who is expected to do it? Is it just, everyone who shows up for the first one is expected from there on out?

Comment

I am very excited for this to begin. Definitely count me in.

Comment

Excellent questions Rybthod. I determine who is expected to do it by them telling me that they can do it. To answer you're second question, it is expected but I understand RL is a factor and we all have busy lives. The objective is to get 12 people to play with each other on a consistent basis so we can be a well oiled machine. Its hard to do that if someone leaves for 3 weeks and then comes back. This squad is what we make it. If people don't show up and blow it off, it will go bad. If we are dedicated and learn it will go good. Its your choice. We are all accountable.

Comment

Facilitating improvement is always a good thing! You can expect me to try and peak my head in to hopefully learn a few things. ;D

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

I am always looking to do better. The times work well for me so count me in. I will note that starting around that week might be a problem for some people.

Comment

Okay thanks for the clarification Sly. Absolutely count me in. This is a great idea.

Comment

Posted this before and it is long but it has a wealth of knowledge. Helps with infantry play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT9N-BvWQz0

Comment

Sounds like fun! Will this squad be doing any purely practice maneuvers (e.g. clearing a room, bounding cover, etc.) in addition to normal play?
                    sigpic
                    Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Yep. We will definitely be doing some practice maneuvers.

Comment

So I've just been informed of some RL conflicts on Tuesdays. So if I can make it on a Tuesday, it will only be the second 1/2 hour. Will that cause any issues, or should I still drop in?
                        sigpic
                        Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

drop in and join us. thanks for letting us know

Comment

For those that showed up tonight thanks. Thank you as well to MisterCris and bravo for support. See you guys at 830pm Thursday.

Comment

The action on Tuesday from my POV.
                              Last edited by UltimateMuffinMan; 12-21-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X