Wrel's newest video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Wrel's newest video

For anyone who remembers fighting on auraxicom substation about 2 days ago and seeing wrel there, well a few of you got some nice camera time :D

Was a good fight.

Comment

With these changes I'm wondering if the LA now has a close support role that makes it a better fit with a cohesive TG squad. The old LA doesn't fit into our usual paradigm that well, due to the risk of going down where the medic can't get you and being a class just generally built to move independently in a way the rest of the squad can't match.

Between the decent hovering hipfire and the rocklet, though, I forsee some new possibilities. It's now much more possible to have an LA in midair providing fire from an unexpected angle, even in fairly open ground, and if they get shot in such a position they're reachable by the medics. Last night I was in Muffin's squad as we assaulted the point on Tawrich depot from the south; the squad was trying to push a set of doorways on the lower floor but there was a balcony overlooking it. I was able to jet up to the ledge without landing on it and I was still able to put fire down, allowing me to cover the balcony while the squad fought below me without risking dying in an unrevivable location.

It also gives the LA a unique usage in a breach (or even a counter breach, with good timing), as they can jet up and zipper along the ceiling, spreading the breach out into the vertical dimension and possibly avoiding attention in a crowded room entirely.

The rocklet is also interesting. I haven't had a chance to play with it, but it's got obvious utility in a close range AV or anti-MAX role. It also makes them VERY scary as Sunderer killers; I suspect a single LA uninterrupted can kill any Sunderer in short order, but a small kill team could also approach from an ambush position and put a scary amount of burst fire into a Sunderer as well.

Comment

I was watching a vid where a gal would drop LAs over a sundy and they would hover around rockleting the sunder. Looked promising.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyfoxV View Post
          I was watching a vid where a gal would drop LAs over a sundy and they would hover around rockleting the sunder. Looked promising.
          Noted. :)

Comment

Lots of potential for drifter jump jets there.

Comment

Problem, how do you extract the Light Assaults? Also, why gal? A valk seems better, maneuverable enough to pick them up if they survive. Also, could combine with UltimateMuffinMan 's valk Helion strategy. 4 engineers, (2 valk pairs) and 3 or 4 light assaults dropping out as you strafe. Once target (sundy prolly, or armor group) its dead, valks pickup again.

Drifter jets might allow LAs to escape far enough for pickup on the ground in 1 minute or so on next pass. Basically hide, E&E, wait for pickup.

Or if you are really crazy, drop out, drift along side, fire from the air, and then drift right back in, if valk has not moved... but that is risky, too many things could go wrong.

Of course would need to rearm LAs regularly, but a very effective way to burst down key targets.
              The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

A pack of drifter LAs could use any number of different delivery methods, float over the target as a group, and then continue on past the target to safety. With proper planning, the right terrain, and enough of an element of surprise, you could fade out before too many people wise up and start shooting skywards.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X