Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Our In-game Inactive

Fellow Tactical Gamer

Over the course of our time in PS2 we have all known some great soldiers who we have all shared some amazing adventures with, and over time some have grown distant from our in-game activity. When we look at our current membership we have 644 in total, though we all know we are smaller as some haven't been on in over two years through either inability, loss of interest, or life as it is. It has come to be noticed that this can give the appearance of a "dead" outfit but policy has been in effect that we remove no member for inactivity.

It's this policy that we are looking to change, our current thought is to remove members who have been inactive for over two years. This number was placed with the thoughts that we do gather more then a few service members who may be deployed or similarly unable to keep a steady attendance which we fully support. We will maintain our goal that unless someone was kicked for disciplinary reasons they are always welcome back should they decided to return and we would not be removing any forum privileges, so that they could contact us with little difficulty. A list of such members would be maintained for a quick reference for returning members.

When it comes to some of our Officers we also wanted to take into account that these leaders do influence much of our continued expansion, as both squad leaders and recruiters for the outfit and as such we would send a notice to check on any situations that may have suddenly kept them from attending via forum messages. Should we not receive a reply they would be shifted down to CPL's as much of the game has evolved over the last year as many of us know.

While we hate to see our friends disappear we do know that once TG we are a community! Meaning we can always meet on other game venues and the forum's can help us keep in touch. It's also for this that know that not everyone can take time to discuss this in a short meeting, so we decided to post this announcement for our members to give input for or against this so that in our next months meeting we get a better feel on if this is a direction we want to take. We thank you for your support and input.

It is important that we have a clear picture of the state of active membership. Removing non-active members after a reasonable period is essential for sound management.
    sigpic

Comment

The next Corporal meeting will be this coming weekend. Anyone interested has only a few days left to let their views be known.
      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

This decision has been delayed one further month to allow ample time for public comment and input from the community.
        It will be addressed, and decided, at the next meeting.
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
          It is important that we have a clear picture of the state of active membership. Removing non-active members after a reasonable period is essential for sound management.
          This. While I may not run with TG that much anymore Emale has the key point, last time I checked TG had around 120-150 active members that play at least once per month which brings me to the next point, why make it 2 years? It is a lot of time and doesn´t truly reflect the amount of active players in the outfit. My suggestion is that players that don´t log in after 3-6 months get kicked, regarding officers and corporals the current idea sounds good.

Comment

Bl4xxn The 2 year point was chosen as TG is comprised of people who may be away for more than 1 year. Take for instance military deployments. Two years is a long enough grace period that most everyone will be able to log at least once.

Comment

I believe I was inactive for over a year and was pleasantly surprised to still be in TG when I returned. However, I believe it is necessary to remove inactive members after a certain point. If someone knows they are going to be deployed or otherwise inactive they could inform an officer. A 3 month inactivity time without prior notice seems to be a reasonable time to me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X