Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk on reddit about new implant system overhaul?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk on reddit about new implant system overhaul?

Can someone who looks at the PS2 reddit fill me on this? I honestly can't tell if its the community gone awry on some small comment a dev made or if this is an actual thing in the pipes?

Something about implants not costing energy anymore but more working on a loot crate system? Also new implants?

This is real, take a look at the PTS. The implant system is getting a complete overhaul. If you'd like, I can do some recon for everybody and post whats in the works.

Comment

thefatz I think we should post it; I find it interesting. I have PTS up to date so I can get the list if you want. No reason for everyone to have to install PTS to check. There are some interesting ones and ones that I worry will disrupt infantry composition play.

As far as energy goes I am not sure. On PTS they just work and I don't recall every buying energy there.

Comment

The new implants won't use energy but you have to upgrade them to tier 5 which is a ton of ISO-4 (new currency)

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4xxn View Post
          The new implants won't use energy but you have to upgrade them to tier 5 which is a ton of ISO-4 (new currency)
          Is this new currency real money only or are there going to be IG means to get it?

Comment

UltimateMuffinMan The old implants and chargers will be converted to ISO-4 and from what I understand it can drop ingame. My guess is that you can also buy it whith real money too

Comment

Took a bit of digging through the heaps of reddit salt, but I found a list someone made of the new implant types:

So they're definitely making the implants a lot more interesting than the old set. Not sure if they went through with allowing you to equip two at once, but if so then this is a VERY interesting set of implants.

Breaking it down:
              • Ammo printer looks like an interesting infiltrator tool. Almost no utility in a pitched combat or squad situation where an engineer will fill you up faster and ammo will run out far sooner, but for a sniper on a hill or a stalker infiltrator sneaking around? Incredibly helpful. On those loadouts I usually run ammo pouches, but with that implant I might have a few other options. Not seeing a lot of utility for other classes, except maybe LAs running independently. It's definitely a piece of kit for solo players.
              • Assimilate is a weird one, not sure I like it. Obviously works really well for good players who rake in headshots and stacks pretty obviously with heavy resist shields (plus some synergy with adrenaline shields). In all cases it looks pretty minor, but it might be enough to keep a spree going. The highest tier also has a shield boost on vehicle kills, which'd be nice as an anti-suppression measure in infantry AV roles or sundy busting, but doesn't strike me as a game changer.
              • Battle hardened is familiar. Only interesting change is that the 5th tier is going to have a 100% shake reduction for a few seconds after a kill, making it another spree enabling implant.
              • Catlike is weird as well, and I'm pretty sure that screenshot isn't up to date because there's whining on reddit about it having a jump height boost as well. The imgur capture shows it as a crouch movement boost, which would enable (especially at max tier) players to run around with a significantly lower profile. Seems like a good piece of kit for a stalker infiltrator.
              • Counter Intelligence looks like a bunch of old spotting perks rolled into one, which strikes me as a good idea. You equip the implant, and you're now spotting anybody you have a damage interaction with AND being notified of being spotted; sounds like a really great piece of kit for stealthy players or players in a point man role.
              • Focus is enhanced targeting + hold breath implants from before. The hold breath is only good for snipers, the enhanced targeting bit is useful everywhere enhanced targeting was useful before.
              • Minor Cloak... THAT'S an unusual one, and the source for a lot of reddit salt right now. Automatic cloak, for any class, if stationary for 8 seconds. Broken as soon as you move, and no equipment use is allowed. It doesn't have the killer infiltrator combo of movement AND invisibility, but I could see a LOT of ways it could be turned into a nasty ambush weapon, and a whole squad equipped with it could do some sneaky stuff. Expect a lot more people to run with darklight on a primary, I suppose.
              • Regeneration is almost exactly the old implant. Highest tier gives a 50 health pickup on a headshot kill, so it's potentially another streak supporting implant.
              • Safe fall is pretty familiar. Might be a lot more useful if we can combo implants now.
              • Sweeper HUD is rangefinder + EOD. Rangefinder was a pretty weak implant before so that's a nice change. Seems a little odd to have tied it to EOD, but for vehicle and infiltrator users that's a helpful combo.
              • Vampire looks like a goofy one to me. It's a melee health bonus on kill, but only for 100-200 HP depending on your implant tier, and it DOESN'T work with quick knives, you have to have a melee weapon out. It's a small health boost that can help you keep a melee spree going, but it's so niche that I don't see it being a major player. If you do engage in melee sprees every so often, this might be a fun one, but for TG's purposes it's probably not helpful.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X