Oblivion Gates on Auraxis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMAGES] Oblivion Gates on Auraxis

The end is here as the gates of Oblivion have opened on Auraxis! Just kidding, DBG is actually messing around with weather effects as seen on Wrel's recent Twitter post:

https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status...s2%2Findex.php

Can we see rain effects comming from this? New weather to lower visibilty would be cool.

Comment

would definitely add new elements into open terrain battles and assaults.

Comment

Yeah but if ppl are turning off smoke can't they just turn that off too? Dam shame I tell ya. the effects are cool if they can keep the game fair.

FUN FUN

Comment

Good points raised by everyone so far. I hope they do add it; maybe only to Hossin at first to test it out.

I am on the fence about being able to turn things off. I understand that some people cannot run on high details - I used to be one of them. I think that a good compromise is to enable all of the effects for everyone, aka mandatory. What I would suggest is the level of detail may be adjusted, not weather (ha!) or not the effect is visible at all.

Overall I think that it is good to see some more difficult changes being implemented / tested.

Comment

If people have that option there is nothing we can do about it. You just have to adapt and still try to out play them.

FUN FUN

Comment

It's unlikely that this effect can be turned off; it looks to me like it's a server-side modification of the skybox and lighting, which aren't subject to turning off graphics features.

Comment

More the better then :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Drax's latest video covers the possible weather additions and some of the details surrounding the big playtest and news reveal coming next week:

A Vanguard or Harasser with a rail gun? Could be interesting.

Comment

Next week? Sounds like it's going to be streamed tomorrow:

https://www.planetside2.com/news/ps2...ivestream-2017

Comment

The livestream today was pretty interesting. I am looking forward to the new continent locking mechanics. Gone are the old VPs and in come the new 8/10 territory control and 2/10 "VP" Hive contributions. After getting 10 a faction will start the continent alert. If they can hold on and defend enough territory (against 2 other factions) for an hour they will win.

Loot crates are also back in some form as part of an alert reward. They will contain things like cosmetics and boosts, with some logic to avoid duplicates. This is great in my opinion. ISO-4 (implant currency) is also part of the new update, possibly alert related, but not certain.

Overall I think that we are headed in the right direction. The devs know that random continent locks are something that no one enjoys.

Comment

Yeah, definitely interesting. I think there are still some odd elements to it (particularly, how will HIVEs stay meaningful if those two VP turn out to be easy to farm out?) and I worry that the 2v1 alert setup might be unpleasant to actually trigger, but this is a clearly better system than the random checklist approach to VPs and the sudden, unprompted locking of the continent. The fact that the entire continent starts getting hit with a barrage of orbital strikes when the victor hits it is a nice touch too; I'd much prefer to see an "escape" or "last stand" setup that's more player driven (ie, have the winning faction actually hunt down the survivors to clear the continent after lock), but it's a step in the right direction for sure and should add some much needed oomph to a continent lock.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X