Logistics upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logistics upgrades

If I were to start focusing more on transport and logistics, what would be good upgrades to buy? Specifically Sunderer and Galaxy. I have Deploy Shield, Auto Repair, Repair and Ammo for the Sundy, and my Galaxy is pretty much all stock.
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Galaxy:
    Utility - Fire Supression
    Defensive Slot (choose one) - 1) Nanite auto repair for longevity (low danger) 2) Flak armor for tankiness (high danger)
    Chassis - Racer
    after you get all those fully ranked then worry about switching your gun slot 2 and 3 with a walker.

Sunderer -
    Utility - Fire Supression
    Defensive Slot -
    1) Transport / Battle Bus - Blockade armor
    2) Spawn Logistic Bus - Deploy Shield
    Chassis - Racer

After you get your slots in order, id recommend buying a ranger or a walker for your rear gun just to have some diversity. After that, maybe a second AA gun on your front gun.

Comment

I second UltimateMuffinMan 's recommendation for the Galaxy. I would also add to avoid the Bulldogs on guns 4 & 5. TG does not really hover above bases to ground pound infantry.

The sunderer recommendations are on point too. I would add that default Basilisks are often a great gun to run for battle buses. Deploy shield I have seen Kobalts do okay as well, but save that for later.

To get those transport ribbons, volunteer for assets!

Comment

Thanks for the input, I bought Member access last night so I'm stocking up certs.
        DoctorStrangeLove suggested that the Galaxy use the High-G Airframe instead of Racer, for evasive maneuvers. (maybe it would help me stop crashing into towers, lol)
        |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

The High-G chassis may help with that. I would highly recommend going into VR Training and flying around. There is a tower on the south east side where you can practice landings. Flying in VR may not be the most fun, but you can take your time to get your sensitivities to a place that you like.

Comment

I find High-G useful as a safety net... you can use it either break or increase speed depending on how you bank the aircraft. I suppose high speed is better if you have sufficient skill that you don't need to make emergency maneuvers... but the battlefield is unpredictable. So I prefer to have that safety net.
            The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Another question: should I bother going to find and clean off my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick? It's only about fifteen years old...
              |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

I don't think that's really necessary. I don't know how many pilots use a joystick but I do know quite a few (including myself) that just use mouse and it works perfectly fine. I also bind "pitch up" and "pitch down" on my keyboard. What that does is gives you full pitch as long as you hold the key where you might run out of desk space trying to pitch that much with the mouse.
                There's also a keybind called "throttle analog" which when pressed will essentially attempt to cut your engines depending on your current trajectory. It can be useful in certain situations.

Comment

Reminding myself to save certs for cloaked Sunderer. Already unlocked GSD.
                  |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

Second hand advise for flying. Most people advise against using a stick for flight because you arenít flying a jet. Youíre flying a fast hover craft so the input isnít exactly what you think it should be.

For sundy almost all of it can be useful. Rival is a good chassis if you still ďlearning how to driveĒ because itís more forgiving on turns. Racer is for quick assault/deploys and keeping up with an armor column.
                    If you havenít fully certed auto repair and ammo Iíd back burner those they are the least useful modules in my opinion. Cloak, blockade, deploy shield and repair are the big ones to get.
                    For guns basilisk does all plenty well. But when you get to the point you can afford it. Ranger and kobalt are about the only other guns I run. I like ammo capacity for the upgrade on all three.

Comment

Only thing I got for my sundy, was that shield break ability - and mainly so that when the team gets stuck on a gate I can push through with a small squad and start the capping process. Nice advice about the VR flight training, I used to pride myself in BF2142 on my transport flying skills, be nice to get back to the same level.

Comment

If you're in a Sundy ball you need racer, or if we're operating in a close group. Otherwise rival is great. However with racer you can get over terrain you wouldn't at other yimes
                        Strategic Analyst

Comment

Racer with good handbrake control can "rival" the Rival Chassis. Only my lightning uses rival. My flash even uses Surger.
                          ​​​​​​

I find that most people can deal with and learn how to use Racer Chassis if the remember they have a brake (s) and a handbrake (spacebar). You don't always have to be going fast but Racer allows you to do so.

Comment

Who could argue with that play on words

Comment

There is me creating tactical threads, I didn't know space was break, Iv just been adjusting turning distance based on holding down S - explains how my sundy is so awful at turning.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X