Can You Solve The Mystery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Solve The Mystery?

PS2's Twitter account posted this today. What can it be and what might it be used for? Let the speculation run wild!

View image on Twitter

https://twitter.com/planetside2

The X7-Type Nanite Core is the technology used to power the Bastion Fleet Carriers.

Comment

That's definitely not what I would have guessed.

Comment

Booster rockets attached to Planetside 2 ICBMs? They are going all in on the orbital strike concept. :)
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Those are the sub-woofers in my harasser when I roll it down Main Street Indar on date night...LOL

Comment

Whatever they are, they're likely small and not meant to be viewed from that distance. Their texture resolution and triangle density both indicate to me that they're probably handheld items (or at least in that size range).

One idea might be that they're some kind of infantry carried objective/construction item. "Nanite core" sounds a lot like something that might be part of a capture the flag mechanic or something you can slot into a construction item for an energy boost. Maybe there'll be an alert type or facility capture mechanic that revolves around players finding them and then evacuating.

Or... hm. The map of Oshur that they were showing has Skylance batteries marked on it as non-lattice points of interest. Maybe accumulating nanite cores in one of them is how you activate it to pressure an enemy fleet carrier.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X