Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DirectX 11 and Nanite System Operative Patch Goes Live (Tomorrow), April 25th 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] DirectX 11 and Nanite System Operative Patch Goes Live (Tomorrow), April 25th 2019

Official post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2...soldier.251552

In addition to DX11 and NSO:
    • Double XP for a week starting April 28th, and Quadruple XP for members on Sunday April 28th.
    • New weapon and cosmetic bundles being sold for a week each for the next month or so, they actually look like good deals. But strangely they hardly have any NS weapons in them at all. So these bundles are mostly useless for your NSO character.
    • Spawn System revamp.
      • I plan to put it forward that we should no longer restrict ourselves from using Redeploy, after this Spawn System revamp. My understanding of why we try to avoid redeploy is that re-deployside is considered "gaming the system", and as such violates our prohibition against "exploiting weaknesses in a game engine" as described in the TG Primer. I propose that after this Spawn System revamp, redeploying can no longer be considered a weakness in the game engine. It is (once the patch hits) fully intended behavior, both by the game engine and by game design. It is designed with restrictions that limit logistics as the game designers intend, it no longer will allow us to go anywhere across the continent willy-nilly.
      • Outfits get higher (but not highest) priority spawns to bases they themselves took.
      • If your last spawn point gets destroyed, you will have to wait longer to respawn in the same zone if your faction has greater population. This means that the base spawn is the hardest spawn in the hex, and the only way to get "bound" to that spawn is to have spawned there previously.
    • "M202 Wyrm (Wing-mounted Heavy Machine Gun for Reaver, Mosquito, and Scythe)"
    • Many other minor buffs/nerfs, new cosmetics, and bug fixes.

So, how many folks are going to create NSO characters? I'm hoping to get mine kitted out today to be ready for anything. We'll also need to have some officers around to process outfit invites for any TG NSOs over the next few days.

Comment

Have we seen how outfits are going to work yet? The last I heard they weren't sure how to do cross faction outfits. It is a problem of sorts because you don't choose NC when logging in. You may well be TR or VS.

Comment

Downloading the patch from Steam right now. 10.6 GB download. Should only take 5 mins.

Comment

The patch notes say you can still join an outfit as an NSO character. Not sure in what ways its restricted, if at all, when you've been assigned to a different faction.

Comment

"No outfits found" on my NSO character. Maybe it is just NSO outfits? I need more info from some patch notes to know what is going on.

Comment

On the performance side, I've noticed a nominal FPS increase and things look and feel much smoother. So much so that I had to turn my mouse sensitivity down. Jumping into a 96+/96+ three-way at The Ascent, I got 20-60 fps at all times, whereas before in a similar setting I'd be mainly at teens-20s.
              Bug-wise, I noticed Darklights weren't working...
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Encountered more and more bugs to the point where I just logged off during a continent control alert. Well, I got forcibly disconnected and then decided not to log back in. Hopefully they patch many of these tomorrow before ops.

Comment

They have already done at least one patch today.

Comment

Well if anyone wants it here is the list of my toons on Emerald

NC - Vitamin187
                    VS - Vitamin188
                    TR - Vitamin189
                    NS - TGVitamin187

Yea, not very creative lol.

Comment

Vitamin187 Ill add them to the notes, thank you.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Mine are:

NC- Boildown
                        VS- Boilers
                        TR- Madamn
                        NS- WalkBrass

What is this note and where is it kept?

Comment

I think VTS is referring to your NSO name so that we know it's you if you ask for an invite to a squad. At the moment NSO characters cannot join TG to know when outfit only squads are up.

Comment

I'm wondering if the Outfit Browser is broken for NS Operatives as you can't view any regular outfits and even NSOs who are part of one don't show up either. The patch notes specifically say that they can join outfits, but they make no mention of NSOs being unable to join a regular faction outfit.

Comment

I do think the Outfit Browser is bugged Assault. NSO can make and join outfits but the invites are sent individually right now. As we tested on Friday I could not invite you NSO to TG at the moment. I think it comes from the NSO being a separate faction in the game code.

http://census.daybreakgames.com/get/...ion?c:limit=10

NS: 0 (not NSO)
                              VS: 1
                              NC: 2
                              TR: 3
                              NSO: 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse