Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planetside 2 Base/Facility Map Project (WIP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Planetside 2 Base/Facility Map Project (WIP)

I'll be working on Indar tonight and should be done on monday. I'm leaving for a trip on Tuesday and wont be back until the following Thursday. I can upload the terminal picture files if you would like so other people can work on the editing as well. It takes a while to do cause you have to visit the places again if I take someone elses' pictures to use because there's no other way to tell where the terminals are.
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Yeah, if you don't mind, please post the terminal pics. I've got quite a few days off from work the next couple of weeks and would like to try my hand at it.

sigpic

Comment

Here they are:
        http://dillweed1212.minus.com/mdAaFpOXYl9vv

They are PNG files, so the blank white space in the pictures are actually transparent if you didn't know.
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Thank you for the images and thanks for the help with this project. Your contribution is much appreciated!

+rep

sigpic

Comment

no problem :)
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Amerish Base Maps (edited)

Worked for a couple of hours this morning/afternoon on getting icons placed (more or less) properly and cropping the images to 800x600. Instead of posting all of the images in this thread, I'm going to just update the above linked gallery.

sigpic

Comment

they look great :) I cropped mine to the biggest possible but leaving out the HUD. Also, on mine i left out the ammo symbol for the aircraft pads cause wherever there is an air terminal theres a resupply, is it ok that i left them out for the pads?
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Thank you!

I don't see any reason to go back and add the resupplies to the air pads. Like you said, everyone knows the pads are resupply/repair stations. I added them on mine, simply because I was jamming some music and zoned out. :icon_cool

If we find a need to standardize all of the maps, it should be a simple matter to do so at a later date.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                    Thank you!

I don't see any reason to go back and add the resupplies to the air pads. Like you said, everyone knows the pads are resupply/repair stations. I added them on mine, simply because I was jamming some music and zoned out. :icon_cool

If we find a need to standardize all of the maps, it should be a simple matter to do so at a later date.
                    sounds good. If we do need to change them later, I saved copies of all my original cropped photos just in case we want different editing
                    Last edited by di1lweed1212; 01-06-2013, 05:26 PM.
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I actually found a base with just air pads and no terminal :p so i made the Air Resupply symbol for those. So I'm only gonna use them on places that dont have terminals, just resupply

http://dillweed1212.minus.com/mdAaFpOXYl9vv (top left icon)
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Really awesome work guys. My desire to work with PS2 recently has waned but in hopes of the January update and mission plan being good I'll still try to work on these things if you don't mind.

Comment

The more the merrier!

sigpic

Comment

If you didnt get the link, here's it to the Terminal Icon Pictures
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'd suggest thinking about how you best want this information packaged and how to best adjust for future changes of maps and mechanics.
                              The benefit of using a google.doc format is a sort of PDF style 'field manual' with important tactical and strategic briefs of these regions. A sort of
                              cheat sheet or intel brief to pre-plan ops or familiarize the grunts with bases that they might not play often.

Edit: Can't embed this but here is an example Area of Operation study based off of territory surrounding Large Facilities.
                              Last edited by Ytman; 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Something alone the lines of this YT? Please critique, I threw this together quickly, i like your idea though

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByD...05ueGU5Yk5SZUE

The tactical/strategic information for each base would be a whole job all in itself just collecting it.

I am leaving for my trip tomorrow. I will be back the 16th, but should be semi active in forums. I will finish up Indar on my return, it is 60-70% done (50 bases done)
                                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X