Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planetside 2 Base/Facility Map Project (WIP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Planetside 2 Base/Facility Map Project (WIP)

Ah excellent. The Power Point Format is probably better than the "Document" format I attempted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
      Ah excellent. The Power Point Format is probably better than the "Document" format I attempted.
      that is AWESOME!! I think that would be the most useful guide. I believe we should also have a spot just for a list of the bases with their pictures in case someone just wants to pull a base pics really quick without the surrounding area of operations

Also, in google docs if u go to File > Download > Save as PDF
      It can make it a PDF just in case u want it in that form eventually
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

The Google Docs stuff looks pretty awesome. I have no preference which method is used. Any opinions from the community?

Also, I've finished the lions share of Amerish. New link --> http://min.us/mAmerish Everything should be named properly. Let me know if anyone spots any problems.

p.s.

I'm not liking the way the large facilities are working out.. I may do a screen shot of each satellite base, one of the main facility, and then a large shot of all of it together.

sigpic

Comment

for my big bases i split it up into sections
          like:
          Allatum Proper (main)
          Allatum North
          Allatum South-West
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I could provide the large graphics. Currently I crop a few 80% zoom pictures together from PS2maps in Paint.net for what I work with.

This all being said I think we would be best off with kind of getting a mission statement for this effort. Whats the goal? What are we trying to provide? Could we 'take' on certain tasks individually? Will there be a standardized look to all efforts?

I'm currently thinking of ways to get certain interiors mapped out. Thinking about doing a scrap picture with 'not-to-scale' dimensions. I feel that getting good cross sections/building plans of the basic interior structures would help us moreso than strategic views which would certainly help us, but only those who wish to bother with strategy (IE SLs/PLs).

Comment

I feel that getting good cross sections/building plans of the basic interior structures would help us moreso than strategic views which would certainly help us, but only those who wish to bother with strategy (IE SLs/PLs).
              I know that all models can be extracted from game files to be opened in a certain "viewer" program, there is a thread on the PS2 forums where a guy did this with ESF models to accurately measure their surface area. Though buildings are probably not single models, rather put together from pieces so this tehcnique might not be that useful afterall.
              sigpic

Comment

I could provide the large graphics. Currently I crop a few 80% zoom pictures together from PS2maps in Paint.net for what I work with.

This all being said I think we would be best off with kind of getting a mission statement for this effort. Whats the goal? What are we trying to provide? Could we 'take' on certain tasks individually? Will there be a standardized look to all efforts?

I'm currently thinking of ways to get certain interiors mapped out. Thinking about doing a scrap picture with 'not-to-scale' dimensions. I feel that getting good cross sections/building plans of the basic interior structures would help us moreso than strategic views which would certainly help us, but only those who wish to bother with strategy (IE SLs/PLs).
                Mission statement? My goal was just to get more detailed maps of the base layouts that anyone in the community could use, and have a little fun doing it. If you, or anyone, would like to use the images in a TG branded product, please, be my guest.

Sorry if I gave the impression that I had some sort of grandiose plan or vision. :(

I took your suggestion and grabbed an unpacker and a dds viewer, Buf. Looks like some interesting stuff in there.

On a related note, anyone have a dds viewer they recommend? I don't remember which one I'm using.. but it's pure garbage.

sigpic

Comment

I've started on the facilities for Amerish. The format I'm using is this: One shot of each of the satellite bases, one shot of the main facility, and then a shot of the entire complex.

Also, I am thinking I will take a shot of the entire continent and place markers for what terminals are available at each base. In addition, I am thinking of quartering the map and adding the terminals so that we can have, what I am going to call, Driving Maps. They might be useful to put up on your second monitor or print copies of, so that you won't have to change to your map screen while driving/flying.

Lastly, I'd like to bump the request for a recommendation of a good dds viewer from my previous post.

**edit**

I was re-reading this thread when I remembered that YT had posted about getting large images of the map. So, I won't do those. Could you post pics of a few for us to look at? I'm curious as to how much detail you were able to achieve using Ps2maps.
                  Last edited by Mindkill; 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM.

sigpic

Comment

http://min.us/mAmerish has been updated with part of the Onatha Bio Lab, Xelas Tech Plant, and Tumas Tech Plant.

sigpic

Comment

http://minus.com/loU6QfMaHjxrE

Its almost 2000x1800. Just a simple stitching.

Comment

Mindkill, do you mind if we give access to these to the NC Coalition?

Also, what experience do you have with Advanced Tactical Center?

http://www.playprepared.com/

If you knew how to compose a map pack for ATC, it could be a very cool tool. ATC is very neat - it's essentially an online whiteboard where multiple people can draw, type and place markers as an overlay on a map. It's like an online tactical board!
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

First things first. I'd like to apologize for my slightly snarky response to you YT. Due to a combination of stresses that I'm currently dealing with in real life, as well as some of the drama that's occurred in these forums, I misinterpreted your request for some sort of organization on this project as something else entirely. I still stand by what I said, in that I'm not the type of person that's all that organized, nor did I have any type of grand plan. I much prefer a collaborative type setting, where there is no boss and everyone that's contributing can feel free to make suggestions, try different approaches, etc.

My overriding idea of this project, other than to get useful maps, was to try and stir up the community and get people interested and excited about the game.

With all that said...

That's a sweet image of the Tech plant!

@ Strait - I have no problem with the NCC using these images, as long as credit is given to Tactical Gamer for acquiring them.

I had actually been thinking of using a product like ATC or GTactix to make the images more usable (We actually used GTactix in CoD for a little while and, yes, it's indeed very cool). I just haven't had the time to sit down and go over what's needed or required to make a map pack. I'll try to look into it in more depth tonight or tomorrow and post up what I find.

sigpic

Comment

ATC is actually really simple. So simple that I'm having a go at making a basic pack - just the 3 continents for now.
                            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

anyone mapping Esamir?
                              im finishing indar some time this week hopefully
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I was planning on starting Esamir when I finished the facilities on Amerish. Unfortunately, life has been interfering with my gaming lately.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X