Armor positioning and fire drills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor positioning and fire drills

After last night's armor platoon I thought it may help to post a few point and guide to armor. With previous experience in World of Tanks, I would like to make a few points to help our armor formations get a bigger bang per buck. I'll add to this as I get time, but it is a MUST read for anyone in armor.

-When assaulting a facility or choke point, fire several marking shots at geographic points of interest at varying ranges. Make note of targeting reticule hash markets for elevation when shooting at these targets. When armor/infantry appear, you will already know the distances and will help ensure 100% accuracy. Our platoon followed these directions the previous night next to the TR warpgate, all enemy armor was destroyed in one salvo.

-When defending or trying to hold your ground, always try and hold the highest ridge and reverse slope. The ridge will enable your armor to engage the enemy at distance while ducking behind the crest to reload and doge incoming fire. When pressed hard, hold the top of the reverse slope. This will decrease the amount of time the enemy has to bring their guns to bare on you while maximizing friendly time to fire.

Diagram of slopes for armor: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...1&tx=186&ty=43

Re: Armor positioning and fire drills

Good stuff. I'd like to post a link to the World of Tanks Basic Tactics page as well.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Tactics

There are some fantastic diagrams here that should help you get the idea.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Re: Armor positioning and fire drills

Ah yes those were some fine fine tactics you showed me that round. Great post!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X