Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMS-Anti-Air-Sunderer

Just bought two G30s for my Sunderer.

With this kit the Sunderer turns into a very powerful anti-air vehicle when both G30s are manned.

I have a short clip to upload to demonstrate!
    sigpic

Re: AMS-Anti-Air-Sunderer

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
    Just bought two G30s for my Sunderer.

With this kit the Sunderer turns into a very powerful anti-air vehicle when both G30s are manned.

I have a short clip to upload to demonstrate!
    Can also testify to this, hoped in E-male's Sunderer for a bit and got to fill the firepower of the weapon. First very little round fall. This makes it easy to aim and shoot and even lead targets that are moving. I don't no if E-male had his clip size upgraded or not, but assuming he hasn't and it was standard, a full clip should take out and ESF if you don't miss. With two of these you can rock and roll even liberators.

Comment

Good to hear!

Hopefully I have enough SC to snag a couple and get some payback vs the OP aircraft.

sigpic

Comment

I have since added optics and larger ammo capacity. I miss the Bulldog when enemy infantry are around, but two G30s equals less enemy air issues.

sigpic

Comment

That looks pretty effective!
          I'll probably get one of those for my Sundy, i still want to keep one Bulldog just in case though.
          If you ever try the G-40(?) flak cannon, let us know how it compares to the Walker. I just want to scare the aircraft away, and as a pilot nothing makes me turn around faster than getting flak in my face. Not to mention the explosions will obscure the pilot's view and makes it harder to line up a shot.

For dedicated AA Sundy the dual Walkers are probably better if the gunner has good aim, and the Ranger might be more useful as a general area denial weapon.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering if we should start rolling out two Sunderers with our armored columns now. One for dedicated anti-air and the other for ammo resupply and ASM.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
              I'm wondering if we should start rolling out two Sunderers with our armored columns now. One for dedicated anti-air and the other for ammo resupply and ASM.
              The biggest issue with armour is the too fast push leading to the massive loss of tanks. How many time have you seen a tank with poor health push deeper into enemy fire (idiocy)?

A tank column needs to work with solid support at the rear, AMA Sunderers and such. But I am telling you nothing you are not already aware of!

One innovation I saw the other day was with BigGaayAl. I have taken to ALWAYS operating from my AMS-Sunderer as SL or PL, and I call that the Command Sunderer. Al, in my squad I think, started calling the second Sunderer the Attack Sunderer. The Command Sunderer stays well away from enemy fire. The attack Sunderer is disposable, and is used to push in deep and deploy as close as possible to the target. I would wait until the Attack Sunderer was deployed before deploying the Command Sunderer, for obvious reasons.

I have started outfitting my Command Sunderer with two G30s, which renders it a nasty anti-air weapon (although I think I'll buy the G?? flak, after Al noted that nothing turns a pilot away faster than a face full of flack -- it blinds them).

Anyway,

multiple Sunderers in a variety of configuration are a great asset. The main error is getting too close and/or undermanning the vehicles.
              sigpic

Comment

One thing I want to point out about armor as well is Infantry needs to move in front of them. Once an enemy fortification is found, Infantry designates it for tanks to pummel. All to often I see tanks get swarmed because there was no infantry around to suppress the enemy.
                sigpic

Comment

One of the problem I have experienced with the Sunderer is that there is a rush to the site to deploy first. The problem this creates is that the vehicle is exposed to all kinds of threats close to the action. With that air is usually not the most prevalent one, rather armor and someone with a mine or C4. Where anti air comes in handy is when you are exposed in the openness of some place like Indar or when moving in a column. So in the end for me, using the G30/40 is nothing more then a deterrent to spook the air to leave me alone. I wish they would have given a solid anti armor weapon like the Enforcer ML85 which can defend itself.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Mimir View Post
                    One of the problem I have experienced with the Sunderer is that there is a rush to the site to deploy first.
                    Keep in mind that this is a problem with all vehicles -- a rush to get close.

The problem lies not with the Sunderer but with the driver's lack of situation awareness.

As to the G30 -- a fantastic anti-air gun. I'll often park my Sunderer 300 to 500 meters or more at the back of a friendly front line, with my noise facing the enemy. Then I watch for enemy air in the air space between me and the front line. A smart pilot will try to get behind a front line and come in on the backside of tanks. Most players do not think in turns of a layered front line, thus the friendly front line usually presents air with a big fat target.

Enemy ground forces

Friendly front line

anti-air kill zone

My Sunderer

You are not going to get a lot of XP points doing this, but you will deprive enemy air of easy kills from behind the allied front line.

Just one of many ways to use the Sunderer effectively.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                      ...snip...
                      I'll often park my Sunderer 300 to 500 meters or more at the back of a friendly front line, with my noise facing the enemy. ...snip...
                      Sorry for the partial hijack of your thread, E-Male but, I thought the following might be, at least partly, relevant. If you have Blockade Armor equipped on your Sunderer, be sure to have the rear of the vehicle facing the threat, as it has the highest armor bonus.

Back to your regularly scheduled Anti-Air AMS sunderer thread. ;)

sigpic

Comment

So, I want an AA gun for my sunderer. I've tried both the G-30 and the G-40 ranger. Here are my observations:

G-30 - Easier to aim, does more damage it seems

G-40 - Aiming seems clunky, but I noticed that when I was getting hits the aircraft immediately turned tail. I was able to kill a few aircraft.

I know some of you have given opinions, but what is the community's over all consensus?

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

I turn away from the G40 when flying. The big zerg outfits seem to be using them on their sunderers. It is effective when you have more than one (3-4 sunderers per platoon adds up)
                          Viking

Comment

I have my Sundy kitted with a Basilisk, for it's overall usefulness against multiple threats, and a G40-F for AA. I haven't taken down a lot of air assets with the G40-F but I've roughed them up enough that they run away pretty quickly. Especially effective against the slower moving Libs.

Comment

One thing I think is worth noting is that the Sunderer, due to its bulk and multi-functionality, is actually a quite capable support platform in areas not involving deployment. Since everyone has AMS and most often they deploy I find that I run my 'Basalisk' repair Sunderer in the 'thick of it' to keep a slight buff to Armor's health. The Basalisk should not be overlooked when combating ground targets.

Likewise the AA versions can provide yet another means to keep armor safe. Deploying it only stalls you out...

The Sunderer is often only seen as an AMS platform but it is truly the workhorse capable of MANY things.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X