This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] ComputerChair Generals; Meeting #000

Here, in this very place, will be the first attempt at cataloging our approximately three months of virtual warfare experience. The goal of CCG Meetings is a transparent attempt to decipher the complexities of our virtual hobby for the goal of unifying our ingame leadership with a level of understanding towards each other's playstyles and learning lessons through collective experience.

The idea is to have a discussion in a bi-weekly or monthly level. A simple write-up of experiences, inferences, and suggestions on a particular topic; for example Platoon Organization or Company Level Operations.

FORMAT
    CCG Meetings are open to all but as a means to control the topic there will be a 'Meeting Moderator'. This 'Meeting Moderator' will control the subjects to focus on within reason; as if we give way to focus on everything at once we will be quickly overwhelmed.

The 'Meeting Moderator' will set the broader subject matter and each 'Contributor' will write a post, please be concise but not necessarily short, on the matter and after a week time the 'Meeting Moderator' will give a 'RESPONSE TIME' post allowing the Contributors to directly talk to one another.

EXAMPLE

[POST 1] -Meeting Moderator-
    TOPIC - XYZ
    DESCRIPTION - ABC
    NOTES - DEF

[POST 2-4] -Contributor Posts-
    -WRITEUP-

[POST 5] -Meeting Moderator-
    RESPONSE TIME

[POST 6-10] -Contributor Posts-
    -Open Discussion-

=========================

For now let us discuss if there is interest in such things and anything can be added or changed? I'd really like to be able to unify our ingame leadership to a level that will better suit the possibility of Company Level operations with high levels of autonomy and reliance on each internal Platoon.

Re: ComputerChair Generals; Meeting #000

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I believe that we, meaning the TG PS2 Community have been transparently cataloging our five plus months of play with PS2 and the beta. We have tons of threads where the population has transparently discussed whatever issues, ideas or experiences that they wished and folks don't seem to be shy about contributing.

As far as unifying leadership goes, that's part of why we have our NCO operation. In addition to a recruitment program, it's also an effort to foster teamwork and communication within the group that ultimately will influence how these and other folks lead and inter-operate on the field. We are also in the process of developing coursework for aspiring SL/PLs as well as new members that hopefully will be introduced shortly.

Our biggest roadblock to large scale Company level ops currently is a shortage of experienced or willing squad leaders. That said, we've done multi-platoon ops on a number of occasions using several different methods of control/communication and there is nothing preventing them from being organized should someone wish to undertake such an op. Please contact JohnFlenaly for scheduling help and other information regarding organized Outfit events.

Comment

Before you take massive offense and infer something that was not there let me tell you that there was absolutely no complaining going on and that the thread was to serve as a way to block the noise and focus on a signal. I find, much like when a leader in game organizes a specific goal, that goal is much more easily obtained.

The goal of CCG Meetings is a transparent attempt to decipher the complexities of our virtual hobby for the goal of unifying our ingame leadership with a level of understanding towards each other's playstyles and learning lessons through collective experience.
      Does this say that transparency wasn't going on anywhere else? Does it suggest negativity towards any one or any group? Why did an effort by a community member need to be 'called out' for nothing?

The goal of CCG is to focus our ingame leadership, out of game, and promote a deeper understanding of each other and playstyles. Is there something wrong with this? Anyone can call an event in game so what is this all about an event out of game?

I really do not understand.

There is a big difference between 10 threads all focusing on something different and one thread focusing specifically pushing one concept forward and to its limit. Besides it was only on a participation basis.

Comment

You solicited us to discuss this and I shared my opinion.

Maybe I don't fully grasp your concept -
        The goal of CCG Meetings is a transparent attempt to decipher the complexities of our virtual hobby for the goal of unifying our ingame leadership with a level of understanding towards each other's playstyles and learning lessons through collective experience.
        This is what happens within the forum structure we've set up everyday. Almost everyone that leads in game currently is active in the forums and is sharing their experiences and opinions on platoon and squad leading techniques and tactics. How is what you are proposing different than what happens everyday? Isn't it better to discuss issues or topics of interest right away rather than wait 2 weeks or a month before bringing the topic up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
          Before you take massive offense and infer something that was not there
          I think implying that someone is about to take massive offense is a touch weak don't you, very passive aggressive, a little offensive and a classic way of demeaning someone's potential objections/critiques before they have had a chance to fully explain them. 2 out of 10.

Does this say that transparency wasn't going on anywhere else?
          No, nor did Drona say it was, though you could argue you 'inferred' it. See what I did there.

Why did an effort by a community member need to be 'called out' for nothing?
          Oh lord the drama, how is someone disagreeing with you, god forbid, calling you out.

The goal of CCG is to focus our ingame leadership, out of game, and promote a deeper understanding of each other and playstyles. Is there something wrong with this? Anyone can call an event in game so what is this all about an event out of game?
          PS2 has in game leadership, it has the NCO structure in place now and that is expanding. Perhaps the concern with this idea is that it is duplication of efforts that are already underway and may run contrary to what the actual Outfit Leadership, which is comprised of both Admins and players, would like to focus on.

I really do not understand.
          Apparently not.

Seriously, wind your neck in a bit, I don't enjoy being so blunt but to be frank your general tone merited it. If you post something up for discussion, especially something like this, expect feedback.

Comment

I'm generally very confused and have lost all interest in this matter and sudden argument. I'm sorry to waste your time and mine.

I simply do not understand what was disagreeable with the original post or intent to have a community made thread with a specific moderation and purpose. Furthermore I do not understand the general nature in which Dronna replied to it, inferring an ulterior motive and completely dismissing it therefore.

There was a fine talk before where we were told that TG's outfit is about unifying the TG brand and that the general outfit is completely open in terms of leadership. Terms I used, like in-game leadership, was a generic catchall for those who willingly wish to lead. The concept here was only a way to compile effort on one subject at a time in an organized and helpful manner.

If what I suggest is nothing different than has been done until now what was the purpose of your response?

Beyond this Company Level operations are something that needs to be thuroughly thought through as it is far more an abstract idea than the rigid concept of platoon enforced by ingame rules. To claim the only reason we haven't done Company Level ops is due to a lack of leadership is silly. Rather its not been done because it is hard to organize and even then what we wish to organize with a Company level op is far less tanginble right now.

This isn't supposed to do anything but provide an area to theorycraft. It was never supposed to compete with any administrative part of our outfit and perhaps that is where you guys got riled.

In anycase this is now scorched with taint and is toxic and useless. Close it.

Comment

Nobody got riled here, other than you. You have simplified the subject of outfit leadership to suit this discussion. Your tone is way off throughout, fyi, if you wish a thread to be closed by an Administrator it's polite to say please, not issue an instruction.

Closed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X