Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our friendly "zerg"...and how to best take advantage of their strength...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Our friendly "zerg"...and how to best take advantage of their strength...

I'm Starting this thread to try and find out what your feelings are in regards to using the pile of friendly-bodies that all go streaming behind the first Vanguard or Sunderer that leaves a base that we've just finished capturing!? (most of the time, even before anyones finished repairing SCU's/Generators). But i notice that a lot of the time, (not always) when we have our own half-full or sometimes full platoon going, we will avoid them like the plague,... i know that the reasons for doing this are as varied as the day is long,... But i'd like to hear from some of the leadership as to how they deal with the friendly "horde" of bodies and armor, and how best to use it to our platoons advantage? Or reasons to stay away from them! So that when im leading a squad or platoon someday in the future i can see that "Zerg" trailing off to the south and tell my guys how to use their movement to our advantage, or whether to avoid that horde of "pubbies" as they are sometimes called, as if they were "herpes simplex-10" (i dont even know which version of herpes that is i just thought it sounded funny!)

Anyways, what're your feelings, thoughts, or ideas for how best to use this "Angry-Mob" to our advantage during the fighting? Or you may simply think its wrong to take advantage of the "pubbies" in this way and try contacting their platoon leaders and attempt to coordinate alongside them... No matter what your feelings are, i'd like to openly discuss how best to "whip our friendlies into shape" and get them to assist the needs of OUR Platoon!
    For Example, Last night on "Esamir"... Emale was Running the platoon like a boss! But a few hours later of "Back and forth" chasing the TR and the TR chasing us... The TR SUDDENLY GOT ORGANIZED! And Pulled out a MASSIVE MULTI-PLATOON SIZED ARMORED-COLUMN! And no matter what tactic we tried the TR just had TOO MANY PROWLERS, LIGHTNINGS AND SUNDERER'S on the field! And they litterally pushed us all the way to our Warpgate! And Although it was HORRIBLE to be the victim of,...IT WAS AMAZING TO WITNESS! and even more amazing, was the thought "What if WE DID THAT WITH THE NC!? And also what was amazing were the small victories that we DID HAVE when it would be our infantry versus countless tanks, and how we'd take as many as we could out before we would be forced to fall back to the next base and try to thin out thier numbers a little more! And i was proud to watch how well our Platoon Leader and Squad Leaders performed under That Kind of Huge Pressure!(There were a Ton of tanks comming at us!)

But in the future, How can we turn a fight like that around using our "Friendly-Zerg" or how can we "herd them into the right fight"!? Instead of letting them wander off to the nearest "BioLab" or some other large Enemy-Controlled Base?! Is it even worth attempting to have someone drop back to the warp-gate and try to use "proximity-voice" and "Region-say" chat in order to recruit random players into just piling up in Vanguards and/or Liberators to meet the oncomming TR Push? Obviously the TR did something similar in that regard, and it was an incredible show of force!
    So, What're your thoughts and ideas? How Can we take advantage of this "Pool of Friendly-bodies" (the way the TR did on esamir) in order to help our side "turn the tide of battle" So to speak? How would the REAL LIFE MILITARY HANDLE IT, and what do they do that we could borrow ideas from? After all, this is why im so happy to be a part of "tactical Gamer" because we attempt to better ourselves after every engagement and come at it from a better "tactical" Vantage point the next time around!

Hit back with your thoughts and ideas!

-00Donkey-

Re: Our friendly "zerg"...and how to best take advantage of their strength...

1] Zerg is just an underseved epithet for 'Surge'.
    2] Teamwork is paramount in this game, at our best we are only ever really 48 persons strong. This is less than a TENTH of our and our enemy's team.
    3] Numbers win battles. The rule of 3 is a widely accepted offensive rule as often the defenders have the advantage of position. You win through numbers and tactics.
    4] Enemy 'Surges' are hard to kill. Best to focus on picking them apart or holding them at a decisive point.
    5] Friendly Surges are hard to kill. Move with them and you will also be hard to kill. But understand that if the Surge begins to whittle that it is time to consolidate.
    6]Where you can create a surge. Often a sunder spawn point will serve as a good initiator of an offensive surge (given its close to the front lines), just focus on keeping it alive!

Now, when you are fighting a defensive 'surge', something that just means a large encampment, sometimes victory is just holding them still and keeping them occupied while the rest of the continent is captured undefended. Othertimes know that when the enemy has 600 people at the Bastion, you probably aren't going to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
      1] Zerg is just an underseved epithet for 'Surge'.
      Now, when you are fighting a defensive 'surge', something that just means a large encampment, sometimes victory is just holding them still and keeping them occupied while the rest of the continent is captured undefended. Othertimes know that when the enemy has 600 people at the Bastion, you probably aren't going to take it.
      While reading your post donkey this is all i was thinking about ^. If most if not all of their resources and people are being used in this single zerg against us, maybe we could notify to coalition to focus their resources on other major facilities which are now mostly undefended? With the proper coordination, the NC could capture more territory than the enemy zerg could with our "smaller" defense against the massive force. We would just need to admit to ourselves, hey, kill as many as we can and than fall back. But I love the idea of how we could maybe funnel the enemy into a super defensible base to really slow them down.
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I think most of our main thought is that we all want challenge. Fighting with the Zerg is typically not challenging, though it can be really fun. Typically a friendly Zerg will cause an enemy Zerg to form, and they just fight, leaving the rest of the map open for friendly and enemy tactical groups to fight over. These are the skirmishes that feel the most rewarding and realistic to me. I think they are rewarding as they tend to be very skilled players fighting. It seems that most of the people that just want to pull the trigger fight in Zergs all the time.

Comment

I got the answer don't go any further this is all you have to do. Let ZERG attack or find ZERG when they are attacking and capturing. As 1-2-3 or 4 or it can be 2 platoons we can take surrounding enemy territory to ZERG. FASTER you take the FASTER our FRIENDLIES cap and then what.

The faster for them to take again catching the enemy off guard with shear speed and Boosted I mean BOOSTED FRIENDLY MORALE. The enemy will be destroyed and their MORALE will be way down. Yeah I know thats gotten ENDGAME all over it. Our Zerg will be working for us all the time. Its ok ya'll can try the new plan tomorrow :)

When they figure out what we are doing to them and counter I think the fun will really start in PS2 in large tactics for years to come .
          It needs to be tried before the enemy finds this in the forums. Actually if this is too secret I need the Moderators to pull this plan and keep it safe :) Or if its insane just pat me on the head and let me go drool in a corner.

Oh you can call this Plan the BLACK HOLE :)

P. S. awesome plan
          Last edited by sparhawkxx; 03-31-2013, 04:42 AM.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
            I got the answer don't go any further this is all you have to do. Let ZERG attack or find ZERG when they are attacking and capturing. As 1-2-3 or 4 or it can be 2 platoons we can take surrounding enemy territory to ZERG. FASTER you take the FASTER our FRIENDLIES cap and then what.

The faster for them to take again catching the enemy off guard with shear speed and Boosted I mean BOOSTED FRIENDLY MORALE. The enemy will be destroyed and their MORALE will be way down. Yeah I know thats gotten ENDGAME all over it. Our Zerg will be working for us all the time. Its ok ya'll can try the new plan tomorrow :)

When they figure out what we are doing to them and counter I think the fun will really start in PS2 in large tactics for years to come .
            It needs to be tried before the enemy finds this in the forums. Actually if this is too secret I need the Moderators to pull this plan and keep it safe :) Or if its insane just pat me on the head and let me go drool in a corner.

Oh you can call this Plan the BLACK HOLE :)

P. S. awesome plan
            That kind of happened last night where our platoon broke away from the surge and they simply followed our attack east across Indar. They would take a major facility and we'd cap the territories around it, making the process go much faster. It was pretty brilliant, to say the least.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I will be using this tactic for now on I think. Wow i was watching the Zerg push across map with no activity around it. That is a very easy way to take advantage of there weakness. Also after Zerg captures base the enemy are lost and disorganized because of no influence at that base.

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X