Good habits to form to help your command and yourself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good habits to form to help your command and yourself

Hey this is just 1 of many things you can do to make the communication easier for everyone. Make sure whenever you hear your orders given set your own personal waypoint. You can take an extra second to make sure you place the waypoint exactly where you want to for example to park your sunderer. How many People you see move in and trough the middle of a fight only to get a perfectly good sunder destroyed. Also by placing it you wont forget and bother your SL. He/she has enough to worry about. And you wont forget where you parked :) Although you should defend your sunderer.

Sl's can also get your fireteams or whomever you single out to place their personal waypoints to accomplish amazing spec op tactics. This one I will start using soon too. Again it is part of micro managing. You don't have to make them do it just suggest it as a reminder. This is just a few of many things you can do with your tools :)

FUN FUN

Re: Good habits to form to help your command and yourself

I use my personal waypoint a lot of times for, well, waypointing. :) That is to say I usually put the squad beacon on our objective or final destination, and use my personal one to mark that mountain pass or turn it looks like we need to take (I usually drive the Sundy).

Another thing Spar taught me, zoom in on your map and find the building at the objective with the 6 or 8 tiny blue dots on it. That is their spawn. Now, instead of just opening the map at continent level view and putting the squad mark in the general vicinity of the objective, I take the time to zoom in and put it directly on the spawn building. I learned that while flying, in order to insert the infantry on top of a different building than that one. But you can use it in an infantry squad too, now everyone knows which direction the bad guys will likely be coming from.

And when SLing, speak up and tell your squad what is going on, what you are doing, etc. even if it seems obvious to you and your more experienced squadmates. There are always a lot of new people in game who are lost and have no idea what is going on. I know even I was in the beginning. It really helps with situational awareness and squad cohesion.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It was really good last night when the platoon marker was on the ultimate destination and we used the air squad marker as the route to take, since we had our personal waypoint as the fall-back point. Great tactics!

Comment

Yeah, all credit to BigGaayAl for the marker tips. I had learned to put the air squad marker on the closest repair pad from him the last time he was running air ops. Since then, he started telling everyone to use their personal marker for that, so we could use the squad mark for other things. Last night during air ops, I was using Delta (air) squads marker to highlight areas/bases with high enemy AA concentrations near our area of operations, and using the platoon mark on the spawn building at our final objective. Because you can get shot down quick if you are not paying attention and stray too close to a lot of enemy AA.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X