Harasser - Strike Force/QRF Tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harasser - Strike Force/QRF Tactics

Just wanted to start a thread here to discuss the non-anti-tank tactics that the Harasser can fulfill.

While playing with a Garthra the other day, I discovered a very interesting tactic concept while moving in onto an Amp Station on Indar. The first thing I discovered was with the base Gate Shield Diffuser, I was able to drive from the Outer Vehicle Shield and through the Primary Defense Shield, leading me right into the heart of the base.

I thought about how this could be applied in a Siege scenario and so far I've come up with the following:

Regarding Amp Stations:
    One of the issues when assaulting a defended Amp Station is your team gets caught up with trying to take down the Primary Shield Generators to lower the shields in order to take the point. What I would propose to utilize the Harasser for in this case would be to insert a strike team (probably a squad or so's worth) directly into the center of the Amp Station. The Strike Force would consist of at least 4 Harassers, each carrying two troops(preferably a Medic and an Engineer) as well as a MAX. This would total to 8 Infantry and 4 MAX suits. Their job would be to cause as much havoc on the inside as possible. Destroy Sunderers, capture points, attempt to take down the SCU Generator and the SCU itself.

While chances are they will not be successful in capturing the base on their own, it would open just the slightest of windows of opportunity to the rest of the team to move in and secure the Primary Shield Generators, and in turn, push the siege further into the base. Using the Harasser Strike Team to clear an opening for a GSD Sunderer can allow up to a platoon push into the Amp Station as well, further causing havoc from the inside out.

Regarding Check-Point Outposts:
    Checkpoint Outposts(CpOP from here on out), in my personal definition, are any outpost that secures a key lane of travel for all ground forces into another area (be it facility or just another part of the map, i.e. Howling Pass Checkpoint). CpOP's are highly distinguishable by their possession of Anti-Vehicle Shields and Defense Towers.

The Harasser's speed, agility, and capability of GSD make them perfect for punching into these bases and inserting troops without the need of Air Assets. Equip them with the appropriate weapons and you can easily over-power defensive vehicles or infantry where they feel safest.

This also allows you to drop two key infantry into the heart of the base without them having to cross the line of fire on the outside of the base. The Infiltrator and Light Assault. Putting an Infiltrator in the back of a Harasser, while not very combat effective, allows you to drop them CLOAKED(needs verification). The idea behind the light assault troop drop, is to get highly mobile (and flight capable) troops into the center of the base, where they can move quickly into cover and to different parts of the facility.

It'd be wise in these maneuvers for the lead vehicles to equip mine-guards to increase survivability in a mined-entrance scenario. All trailing vehicles would be wise to equip Composite Armour.

This is all I have developed as to date, feel free to elaborate, comment, and discuss the possible uses of the Harasser.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: Harasser - Strike Force/QRF Tactics

The Blockade Armor Sunderer with Speed Upgrades and mortar's makes for a nasty gate crasher force. Blockade Armor can survive 4 C-4 hits and since it can carry your whole squad you can deploy 2 5 man fire teams and man the mortar's to provide covering fire for the insertion.

Everything is a system, Break it down.

Comment

I've had a lot of success using a Kobalt-armed harasser as infantry support. Having a mobile anti-infantry machine gun along is a HUGE advantage in small squad fights. Zipping around to hit targets of opportunity makes life difficult for enemy infantry, and the agile nature of the vehicle makes it easy to flank and surprise enemy infantry in entrenched positions. At one point, my squad was on Esamir capping one of the smaller outposts when half a squad of enemy infantry took the high ground on the rocky outcroppings around the base. I swung my harasser around in a wide arc and came up behind them, and my gunner was able to clear out the whole nest of them before we were even spotted.

During the same op, the squad I was in was ghost capping smaller bases with barely any resistance in advance of a larger force. Rather than have all twelve of us sit on the same point waiting for it to cap while MAYBE one enemy soldier continuously walked into our guns, or SL had the two harassers in our squad take 6 people over to another, similarly quiet to cap it. The harassers allowed us to take our half of the squad to the other point quickly, AND ensured that we had an edge in firepower when we got there. Hilariously, that also includes our ability to hold buildings. Those things can get pretty much ANYWHERE, so I would just park it inside and use the Kobalt to cover the door. Once we capped, we could link up with the squad's main element quickly.

At this point, I'm convinced that the harasser is the best friend of a small infantry or mechanized squad. It's a capable transport and firing platform, takes a kicking, and allows for a lot of on-the-spot flexibility.

Comment

Yesterday I used it for a tower seige with the bulldog anti-infantry grenade launcher
        if you park it somewhere and just start lobbing, its a great tool. You can also shoot pretty far if you get used to the arc. It is great for clearing out infantry tho

I've also been testing evading enemy sythe/mossy rockets...they are used to just shooting basically still targets (vanguard, sundy) but in a harasser, if you master the art of power-slide-driving, you can swerve all over the road while still going fast, and maybe only take 3/4 or 1/2 damage instead of being dead, usually by that time you can stop somehwere safe and repair.
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Well the VS just proved the GSD Amp Station Crash to be a completely valid tactic.

Friday night while the most of the NC was worried about pushing out of the Amp Station Defense and moving out to a nearby outpost. Three GSD Harrasser's made it into the center of the base. From there they hacked consoles, spawned a sunderer, and managed to take out the SCU.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Kudos to the VS, I guess. Did you see any outfit tags on them?

Comment

I believe I saw some Azure Twilight tags there?

Leaving up the primary shields made a huge difference for them. With the shields down we probably could have bombed them out, but with the shields up we had to walk in before we could open fire, right into the VS killzone.
              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X