Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visualization of Sungrey Amp Station Assault (Small Platoon)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visualization of Sungrey Amp Station Assault (Small Platoon)

With just two squads I was able to maintain a prolonged assault on a superior force (with the help of allies) by holding a ridge overlooking the wall of Sungrey Amp Station. The key aspects of this assault were:
    • AMS-Sunderer kept far back from the enemy lines
    • Troops ordered NOT to advance off the ridge until sufficient allied forces in the area
    • Persistance in holding the ridge against numerous enemy attacks
    • Coordinated assault:
    • Bravo was held in position on the ridge line while Charlie assaulted to immediate north east tower.
    • Charlie ordered to HOLD position at the north tower while Bravo advanced to the same tower.
    • Charlie ordered to HOLD the tower while Bravo attacked the gate shield room right next to Charlie's position.

In doing so we triumphed over vastly superior numbers and after approx 45 minutes gained control of the Amp Station.

It was an amazing battle. Kudos to my squad leaders WhatAboutSmee and Garthra for keeping their men on the mark!

Platoon mark was also used to designated defensive zones, with Charlie holding south-west of PL mark and Bravo holding north-east of mark. Note that it is vital to designate specific zones for each squad for maximum force ratios and cohesion.

1st Image

Note the location of the Platoon's AMS-Sunderer.

Also note the allied troops at each end of our line.

Troops holding the ridge line. Note my smoke marking the front line.

Note the use of smoke for the advance of Charlie to the tower.

Note the position I held, while Charlie was securing the tower, for smoke deployment:

Our final position, with Charlie in the north tower and Bravo at the gate control building.
    sigpic

Re: Visualization of Sungrey Amp Station Assault (Small Platoon)

I failed to capture the initial assault on the ridge.

This video starts with Charlie in position on the north east tower as Bravo assaults the gate control room.

sigpic

Comment

Re: Visualization of Sungrey Amp Station Assault (Small Platoon)

that a was a glorious battle

I had my vanguard on top of the ridge for a period of time so I could use the 50 cal. machine gun to keep a steady fire down while charlie assulted the point. At the same time using my main gun to keep the turrets out of action and the maxes and armor at bay. I'm glad fellow TG members noticed the effect it was having and kept me repaired until the VS sent a couple of magriders behind me and took me out. Which I then switched to a max and tired to keep the same amount of fire down range. Once the main assualted started I kept my max at the frontline to keep the VS inside one of the buildings where they were pouring out of. Again I always found 2-3 engineers repairing me. I would only go down because some light assult would fly above and c-4 us.

Too bad my game started bugging so I had to restart and missed the final moments of the battle.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X