3rd Party Communications for Harasser Driver/Gunner Teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] 3rd Party Communications for Harasser Driver/Gunner Teams

I've been running a Harasser with one of my non-TG friends lately, and we generally run mumble in the background for driver/gunner communications. It works damn well, if I do say so myself. I thought I'd bring the issue up for discussion here.

1) Good Driver-Gunner communication is IMO, the most important contributing factor to a successful Harasser squad.

2) Mumble/TS are flawlessly clear for me. PS2 voip while good, still has hiccups for me.

3) SOP is to use proximity chat for driver/gunner. This isn't always perfect.
    a) Proximity chat lags behind a moving vehicle. You wouldn't notice in a Vanguard, but the Harasser is fast enough that the VOIP can propagate from far enough behind the vehicle that it becomes very difficult to hear.
    b) People often have prox chat turned down as a matter of necessity to keep loud chat spam reduced.
    c) The combination of the above problems means I frequently have to stop my harasser in order to get an ammo cas from my gunner. It's resulted in missed target opportunities and lost harassers.

Just my two cents. The in-game solution works, but if you want to take your harasser game to the next level, think about it.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Re: 3rd Party Communications for Harasser Driver/Gunner Teams

IF we get more people using mumble, they will not use TS. You could use TS for this. Adding another third party thing will splinter us more I'm afraid. I'd suggest trying to find a way that works well in-game, but also adds to the cohesion and cooperation in the community.

It's already difficult to get people to integrate the specialty squads.

Comment

I'm not advocating mumble. (note I said mumble/TS) My friend does not have access to the TG TS server, and mumble is what a few of us use casually in another small community of which I am a member, it was merely an example of the advantages either 3rd party program could bring. I was hoping this could be used integrally with the TG TS, probably with whisper lists.

If you're going to be running with a gunner for an hour and a bit, a whisper list only takes a few minutes to set up. Or just use one of the (usually empty) Planetside TS rooms.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I've used both TS/Mumble and I've found either to be a workable situation. But then using in game Voip works for me and Finestyle as well (although recently a little buggy). But communication between driver and gunner is paramount to the success of the Harrasser and whether your up or down. There are times when in a squad I forget which channel I'm using and you can hear the communication between myself and Finestyle. Pointing out targets, the amount of rounds landing on target, the amount of rounds left, smokers, chasers, etc....

Considering I never use TS for communications, my suggestion is to use any communication means that you can find and are comfortable with to ensure the safety and welfare of the occupants of the Harrasser and in general contributes to the overall mission. Although I greatly respect BigAl's point, splintering comes from a frame of mind, not by the means of communication in my humble opinion.

Comment

Harasser comms are a little buggy.

I chuckled for an inappropriate length of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
            Harasser comms are a little buggy.

I chuckled for an inappropriate length of time.
            I had to read your sentence a couple times Strait before I got it, then I did the same. lol
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Aaaaaarg. That was baaaaad.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse