X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] How To Dodge G2A / A2A Lock-Ons While Hovering

I just stumbled upon this and it looks as easy as dodging can get:

How to Dodge Lock on Missiles in Planetside 2

As for how it affects balance Ginger, the player behind the video, raises some good points about this improving hover dogfights. However, I do think it's perhaps a little too easy and powerful. A well-balanced method to dodge would require a small amount of practice to learn (compared to virtually none here) but with enough to think about that you begin to mess up the more complicated the fights become - requiring more practice for consistency. Admittedly, this is new territory for me as I've never put in the effort for these maneuvers but as I understand it other methods are too far in the other direction and out of the reach of most players. Really, if the thrusters required a generous but particular timing, along with throwing in a barrel roll as he does in the video, I'd see that as a well balanced dodge.

Of course, lock-ons could do with other changes; I'm hoping SOE still intend to implement all the changes they mentioned here. Also, I'd love to see them convinced to change flares to an ammo count as well. After all of that the system might even become fun.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: How To Dodge G2A / A2A Lock-Ons While Hovering

Wow, that's awesome +1

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

This seems quite interesting, but as of yet I have not been able to do it. So I'm not sure how accurate his statement of "anyone can do it" is

Comment

I have yet to try this on live (or even test) so I cannot comment on the ease or effectiveness of it. Would anyone like to jump in test and help me out with this?
        Also, in case anyone is curious, I think I have figured out how this works and the good/bad news is there isn't much SOE can do to break this move without making them faster. THe planned improvements to make the missiles faster will help, but the mechanic being exploited here isn't really fixable without tomcats becoming OP.

Comment

I might want to point out, as of PU02, this is outdated and no longer works for any type of lock on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X