Enemy Harassers + Friendly Infantry = Gets Old Fast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy Harassers + Friendly Infantry = Gets Old Fast

So, last night enemy harassers kept rolling through our infantry. After a few of these, the fun level went way down for some people...as expected. The Harassers truly harassed us. So here is my list of counters to that, especially when the enemy has a "suicide" mentality about it.

If we can't counter it.... we need to move to a different area. It didn't do us any good to stay where we were at ultimately.

Mines are a counter...but I heard that the Harasser just floats over them..and they never go off. So not much of a counter.

Maxes can be a counter with dual ravens...but only at very close range. I was able to take a couple down with this method.

Infantry fired rockets can counter....but not well. The Harassers move too fast.

Tanks? Same thing, hard to hit Harassers unless you are close.

Broken game mechanic? Maybe. But still there is a tactical solution, and that solution, given a small platoon/squad, is to leave the area instead of getting pounded into the ground. Also by leave the area, I also mean finding an area that is not conducive to Harassers. Rocky terrain, fortified embattlements.

These are just my thoughts on the matter. :-) Criticism welcome.

Re: Enemy Harassers + Friendly Infantry = Gets Old Fast

Those enemy Harrasser crews are from the GTA wing of the VS and TR :D Seriously though, they are pretty easy to take down with the right equipment. First and foremost is good situational awareness to spot them as far away as possible. That way you can break out the Annihilator which is the best tool for long to medium range Harassers as the travel time from firing is extremely fast. The Phoenix is also a great tool from medium to short range provided you have cover to direct your rocket to them and not be squashed. If one is still driving up, everybody has to open up with small arms on them, which will be even more important after the balance patch due to the degrading of the composite armor versus small arms.

Mines are all dependent on the speed of the Harasser. The slower you are driving the more damage you'll take, the faster you're driving the more likely you'll just coast over the mine and escape unscathed. This is being addressed in the balance pass patch so mines will do full damage at any speed.

One of the best counters out there is a Sunderer with full blockade armor and fully certed dual basilisks. If you have two capable gunners they can easily destroy or severely damage a single Harasser while the deployed infantry uses rockets to finish him off.

Last night I did find out something interesting when a TR Harasser was trying to run people down. I fired off two smoke grenades into his intended path and he immediately dropped his speed, almost coming to a complete standstill which can be a death sentence for any Harasser who's attempting to troll infantry. Unfortunately nobody took advantage of this to use a Decimator or Phoenix and he escaped, but it did prove to be a successful deterrent.

Comment

I think terrain and situation has a lot to do with how to deal with Harassers. What was the specific situation you guy' found yourself in?

Armor is definitely a deterrent and should help protect the infantry even if not destroying the Harassers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
        I think terrain and situation has a lot to do with how to deal with Harassers. What was the specific situation you guy' found yourself in?

Armor is definitely a deterrent and should help protect the infantry even if not destroying the Harassers.
        We were on an open ridge on Esamir just outside a tech plant. They would keep pulling Harassers and running us over, suicide-like. We couldn't seem to counter effectively. *shrug*

Comment

If you have any Maxes with you, wait until they get close trying to run you over and deploy your AEGIS shield at the last second. This will do a lot of damage to the Harasser.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Mines can also do the trick, bugs notwithstanding, though understandably you might be reluctant to mine the hill you're currently sitting on.

Comment

A tank mine with c4 on it will take out any harrasser, you just have to time it right. I've actually taken out 1 with 2 bricks of c4 before.

Comment

Make sure to yell out "TORO! TORO!" while you do it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X