Platoon Leaders: Use Stalker Cloak!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platoon Leaders: Use Stalker Cloak!

I've tried this once or twice now, but I've now REALLY given it a stress test in tonight's ops with the NCSC. I was PLing, and spent most of my night as an infiltrator with stalker cloak.

This gives you the ability to stand out the open, almost anywhere you please, and be effectively invisible. You're able to see the whole battlefield without really risking getting shot and it makes a HUGE difference in terms of intel and situational awareness. You can pretty much stand right inside the enemy's ranks if you stay still. Once you start moving around, especially with sprints, the chances of getting spotted go way up, but I was literally sitting in between four squads worth of troops without anybody noticing me, even when right beside me. Another benefit is that as a PL you've got less running around and keeping up to do with your squads, and if the squad you're attached is attacked you can still keep your eyes on the bigger picture without worrying about getting shot.

I recommend that dedicated PLs take advantage of this tool!

Re: Platoon Leaders: Use Stalker Cloak!

The first time I was using stalker cloaking I had tempory Squad lead and took a reaver to a hill near an enermy warp gate and landed, ran half way down and cloaked. At this time we had a small squad of air. I simply placed a way point to where thr enermy ground units were, call it out while the air took out each target.

The enermy responded with a large amount of air with no sight of any ground units, the squad change focus to skyguard, again I was spotting air as it flew out of the warpgate and each got shot down as it passed the amp station, by this time my reaver had timed out so I walked waited charged up cloak walked to the nearest base to start the cap.

When I got to the base I was greeted by a lightning shooting at the amp station, it nearly ran me over and I ran out of charge and so was visiable again but lucky for me the driver was fixed on the vehicle turret shooting me and did not notice his near miss :P

I ended up standing at the side of the road trapped as another lightning arrived, so I q spotted and called out the targets, one turret was manned by our squad, I was call 'he is comming out of cover, BANG, he is smoking, BANK, One Lightning down, stand by..', the other lightning started to engage the other vehicle turret manned by another NC member he kept edging foward and in line of sight of out turret and got wiped fast.

Finaly got to the cap point on this base, and sat on a box cloaked within the cap radius just as an enermy dropped down, I just chilled on my box and call out his location, while he took pot shots around the room. soon he gave up and I finnished the cap.

On the other side I was a medic with a light on my side arm just sitting 90degrees to the doors, squad and other NC were in direct sight of the door way, then suddenly, this purple image 'sneeks throw the door thinking noone could see him...' we too were amazed at this see-throw glow in the door way for a few seconds, then everyone in the room shot him dead..

I like the stalker cloaking but remember it only take a one unit to light you up for everyone.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

what worries me is that I think soon the devs will think to invent a darklight deployable that can light up infiltrators in an area

Comment

Even the usage of flashlights or a hypothetical AOE darklight deployable doesn't put a damper on the ability from a PL's point of view, though. The PL doesn't need to be behind enemy lines or right in the faces of the enemy--in fact, it's detrimental to their battlefield awareness if they are. They need to be in a location with high visibility where they can watch things unfold, and preferably not get shot while doing so. In that respect, the stalker cloak is perfect... the places you want to go aren't places darklight flashlights will be brought, and the stalker cloak means you can literally stand in the open in a position where you can see everything (and everything would normally see you) without being at risk.

Comment

A bug I noticed is when i use my 1X or 2X scopes, the red light on the attachment begin to move a little bit, so I know if I am aiming at an Infil or not.
          Questions about those who deserve it!
          "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X