Medic class; Stacking utitlities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic class; Stacking utitlities

In light of the new medic update( https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...update.185337/ )I have become exceedingly curious about testing a few things that may stack in an insane manner.

i'm already aware of several things that appear to stack
    Medic AOE, healing grendes, regen kits.

I've tested that if a player activates their AOE heal and stabs themself with a regen kit, they gain some seriously fast health regeneration. (I can imagine this would be compounded with with the grenade)
    Now this is only conjecture but, I'm also fairly certain Nanoweave armor stacks with the healing abilities. (20% less health lost + constant a amount of health regeneration = more net health over time once shield goes down)

The recent update has also said that they will increase the life span on healing grenades making them also useful in combat. I also imagine the shield regeneration deployable will again stack upon all these other features

So what i've become of is; Is it completely reasonable to assume (especially with a resist shield heavy) that these features could provide something close to near invulnerability for a few brief moments?

Re: Medic class; Stacking utitlities

I love it! I am looking forward to this. Thanks to point it out, it is inspiring!

Comment

If I recall correctly Nanoweave no longer adds a flat health bonus, but a resistance to certain weapon types.

I'd be surprised if it gave any sort of invulnerability, but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone buffed like that eat a lot more bullets before dropping, especially if they're inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
        If I recall correctly Nanoweave no longer adds a flat health bonus, but a resistance to certain weapon types.

I'd be surprised if it gave any sort of invulnerability, but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone buffed like that eat a lot more bullets before dropping, especially if they're inaccurate.
        The flat resistance is what allows it to stack a bit. Before the change it didn't stack.
        Bear in mind this is merely conjecture but, the AOE heal regenerates a specific constant amount of health over time, if you add nano weave/resist shield you will decrease the amount of health lost per bullet thus the net health gain is better than before nanoweave.

It's likely it won't create invulnerability, however the AOE heal plus a regen kit can cause a full health bar to go up in under a second so throwing these other things into the mix might be interesting.

In fact, if I can find the exact numbers for each of these abilities one could reasonably calculate the approiate DPS/ttk required to down a player who has been buffed so heavily.

Comment

These updates are interesting. Triage is going to be seriously helpful now!

I'm very interested with how exactly they'll balance AOE shield regen with the heavy's two shields (or even the shield regen suit slot).

I'm also new to Restoration Kits, have they've always been like the BF2142 Health kit the supports had?

Comment

I don't think the AOE shield gen will be a big game changerm, but it'll be interesting. It's basically just the current health regen but for a different health pool (the one impacted most in minor skirmishes). That's a neat utility--you can keep a lightly suppressed group of soldiers topped off, and the shield regen helps anyone currently getting shot at even if their shields have dropped--but it's no good supporting a group of soldiers doing a good job of topping off their own shields but who still need some fixups on the shots that get through. It's more of a point-of-contact ability than a group endurance ability.

Comment

I've known of this but it would require a lot of practice. Still, I'd love to help test!

Heavies should carry the faster to equip guns, then use resto kits moments before breaching a room.

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
              These updates are interesting. Triage is going to be seriously helpful now!

I'm very interested with how exactly they'll balance AOE shield regen with the heavy's two shields (or even the shield regen suit slot).

I'm also new to Restoration Kits, have they've always been like the BF2142 Health kit the supports had?
              I would hope the ability wouldn't affect Heavy shields at all otherwise it would regenerate twice the hit points of the AOE healing.

Restoration Kits heal 85% of your health over 5 or so seconds. As opposed to Medical Kits that restore 100% instantly. Both are quick injections that slow the player down for a moment. Both are carried in the utility slot with a maximum of 3 (depending on certs).

So it's predicting damage and using early vs. using late for instant effect.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

I just realized something else that'll stack with this (and with the shield regen ability): Heavy Assault Resist Shields.

Since they don't lose energy to impacts (instead mitigating a % of damage while active) the damage being dealt to the player can be mitigated with healing as it's happening. The reduced damage would be a substantial multiplier on any regen stacking.

Comment

I love my resist shield. This is an excellent observation!

Comment

Interest in this precise thread just came back to me.

If I am correct, we are constantly looking for a way to win where the rest will usually lose. Even though it has a treshold, resilience is a huge number-modifier. I think we should give a try to the squad's loadout that includes a lot of Heavy Assaults (Resist Shield, Nanoweave Armor) and Medics (Regeneration Field / Nano Regen Device, Nanite Healing Grenade, Medical Applicator.) Optimising it is in order, in my opinion. Once done, I think we can then decide wether or not it is valuable!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X