Training Missions and Videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Missions and Videos

Is there a place where I can find or request training exercises? Perhaps we create a sub-forum dedicated to it so that we can coordinate the training of new recruits and/or exercises for everybody to practice or try out promising new tactics or strategies that have come up in discussions on this site.

Also, if we could start a thread dedicated to combat videos on this hopefully-soon-to-come Training sub-forum, I think that would be awesome. To be specific, I think it would be a great resource for people to post footage they have found or recorded and post them as examples of what to or not to do, good teamwork or bad. This would also be a good training tool and can hopefully spark some good discussion that will enhance our skills in-game.

In the mean time, I wouldn't mind if people started posting some videos here... (hint, hint ;))

Re: Training Missions and Videos

Garthra is currently working on TG standard training programs at the moment. Garthra would you mind weighing in with a status on those?

Comment

Great! I thought I read something about that somewhere, but I could't find it again...

Comment

Noobaloid,

Regarding a sub-forum:
        I like the idea of a training sub forum, but I think a lot of what you are thinking of is already in the strategy and tactics subforum. That's a great place to post your videos on new tactics and gameplay strategies. I check it often and if you wade back a ways in it you can find some really neat ideas.

Regarding training more generally:
        I am going to be teaching a SQUAD LEADERSHIP course starting next weekend (Weekend of June 21-22), and finishing the following weekend (28-29th). The first weekend will be a classroom style lecture, with some questions and discussions. There you can get the theory. The second weekend will be simple exercises in squad leading to practice the theory learned in the first session. I will post a signup by Tuesday this week. Please SIGN UP if you are interested, so I can plan out the teaching appropriately to the number of interested people.

I find many people have a lot of experience playing Planetside2, a high BR, and want to work with other TGers, but have some hesitancy about stepping up to squad lead. They are not sure what to do, and it can be a lot of pressure when you are starting out. I understand that feeling I am playing with two friends, having some carefree fun ... and now suddenly, "I am supposed to organize 10 people?!? Huh? What do I do?" My hope with this course is for everyone to get a good idea of the basics of squad leading, so that we can have more people willing to step up and either start a TG squad, or take over when the initial leader has to log off for whatever reason.

Regarding Videos
        Training videos and sharing experience through videos is a great idea. I myself wish I was a better video editor so I could make videos that looked more professional for our community. If anyone is interested in helping me in that regard (video editing and production for PS2 Training) send me a PM please.) As I said above, the strategy and tactics subforum is the place to post such videos if you have a new tactic or idea you want to share with the group.

Thanks for your interest Noobaloid! Feel free to PM me or find me in Team Speak if you have additional questions or ideas for training!

Garthra
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Originally posted by Garthra View Post
          Noobaloid,

I myself wish I was a better video editor so I could make videos that looked more professional for our community. If anyone is interested in helping me in that regard (video editing and production for PS2 Training) send me a PM please.)

Garthra
          Sounds like a job for Ghostshooter!

Comment

Thanks for the info, Garthra! I will definitely sign up!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X