Fire-Team Proposistion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire-Team Proposistion

Upon the large Scale Fighting that is held in the attempt to capture lands, the necessity of Squad base Assaults is required in order to take control. But we have a small problem that is a bit of a bother when having a full size platoon that requires 5 leaders and 48 players total. The limit is that the squad is stuck to the largely placed squad size that is hassle to keep control when facing changing circumstances. By this the Squad is not performing the full potential that it could be doing, and in my opinion, could be owning all sorts of Lvl 100 players At best. The solution to this is the tactic of Separating the squad into 2 or 3 Fire teams per squad.
    not only will this require less effort for the appointed squad lead but it will also create more coverage of areas where the platoon is fighting at.
    These Fire Teams will require a Co Leader for the squad, but I was wondering if this be a alternate solution to performing the best at squad assaults.

Re: Fire-Team Proposistion

Fire teams are something we've discussed at length on these forums. Needless to say, we're pretty amenable to the idea. The main stumbling blocks right now are the lack of organizational tools for managing fire teams effectively in any sort of intuitive fashion. To my recollection, there have been a few promising ideas for making do until those tools become available:

1) Split fireteams by odd and even numbers. Easy to communicate, and can quickly split the squad in two. Lots of potential headaches with not being able to split the squad along classes nicely, though, and has limited flexibility.
    2) Use a platoon and several four man squads instead of a single squad to split things up and get proper command and control tools. Haven't seen this attempted, but on the face of it it runs into scaling issues and makes platoon level coordination more difficult.

I think the general consensus last time this came up was that we really want to be able to run fire teams, but it's probably not worth the hassle until we've got tools to make managing them easier. Still, there are lots of great threads on this forum on the subject worth perusing if you're interesterd, and if you can demonstrate an effective way to use fire teams I'd love to see it!

Comment

Agree with Starstriker. Until you have fire team communication channel this idea is difficult to implement. You can use local, but if there are other NC around, you may not hear each other over some random person playing music or spouting verbal drivel.
      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Difficult to implement, but not impossible. I've had some success using the "odds and evens" to split the squad in two and maneuver two elements at once just over the regular squad channel. Had some problems, though... aside from the aforementioned inability to fine tune who goes in what fire team, there's no fire team leader, you can only do a 50/50 split, and your comms end up overlapping. Even so, it's a nice trick to have in your tool bag to split a squad quickly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X