X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Breaching Mess About Signups -- Sunday 8/24/14 1900 ZULU

BREACHING MESS ABOUT SIGNUPS

Date: SUNDAY -- 8/24/14
    Time: 19:00 ZULU TIME. (12 Noon Pacific US or 3pm East Coast US)

(What's ZULU Time?)
    Duration: 2-3 hours
    Size: minimum 8 players, no maximum.

All players are welcome and encouraged to attend. No previous experience or training required.

Summary of Event:
    We will be practicing breaching hostile rooms. Majority of players will be breaching. A dedicated OPFOR of TG players will be defending. We will try different changes to our tactics to see which methods are more effective, and which are less effective based on discussions on the forums.

All players should be in game at least *10* minutes before event start time. Anyone interested in playing OPFOR should be in game AND in TeamSpeak *10* minutes before the event start time. This time allows us to get roll call done, select who will be playing OPFOR, organize the OPFOR, select a starting location for the session from available continents/bases and do a 5 minute lecture on the basics before we start. It also ensures an on time beginning.

Part I: General explanation of the basics of stacking and breaching.
    Part II: Practice the Basics of Breaching. (Stacking properly, clearing fatal funnel, checking corners.) This section is weapons red, just getting the drill down.
    Part III: Live Fire: Testing Various Methods Against a set OPFOR of TR or VS. After every few tests we will discuss what went well, what went badly, and why. Then we will move on to the next test and repeat the process. Meanwhile troops are not only trying various methods, but still practicing the basics of coordination, speed, and aggression required for MOUT.

**This thread is for signups ONLY. For discussion of ideas and concepts, post here **

Signup form:
    1.) In Game Name:
    2.) Have a VS or TR character on Emerald that you would like to use for the defense force during the testing phase? [No /Yes, VS / Yes, TR]
    3.) Do you have Concussion or Flash Grenades certed? [Yes to Both / Yes, to Concussion / Yes to Flash / No to Both]
    4.) Any other information you think is relevant?
    Attached Files
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Breaching Mess About Signups -- Sunday 8/24/14 1900 ZULU

1.) In Game Name: Garthra
    2.) Have a VS or TR character on Emerald that you would like to use for the defense force during the testing phase? No
    3.) Do you have Concussion or Flash Grenades certed? Yes to Both.
    4.) Any other information you think is relevant? Excited to try this stuff!
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

1.) In Game Name: TG88thMindkill
      2.) Have a VS or TR character on Emerald that you would like to use for the defense force during the testing phase? [No /Yes, VS / Yes, TR]: No but, I can create one if needed
      3.) Do you have Concussion or Flash Grenades certed? [Yes to Both / Yes, to Concussion / Yes to Flash / No to Both]: Yes, to Concussion
      4.) Any other information you think is relevant?: I've been looking forward to this since the breaching conversation started!

sigpic

Comment

1.) In Game Name: Vladimiric
        2.) Have a VS or TR character on Emerald that you would like to use for the defense force during the testing phase? VS/yes, TR/yes
        3.) Do you have Concussion or Flash Grenades certed? Both
        4.) Any other information you think is relevant? I would like to lead the OPFOR. lvl 20 TR and 35 VS. May be able to offer extenuating OPFOR capabilities. They are strong in Max, MBT, GAL, Heavy, Infil, Engineer

Comment

1.) In Game Name: HeroforHire117
          2.) Have a VS or TR character on Emerald that you would like to use for the defense force during the testing phase? No
          3.) Do you have Concussion or Flash Grenades certed? Concussion
          4.) Any other information you think is relevant? I've been having a bug that won't allow me to resupply concussions for over a week so not sure if I will be able to use them. I am going to go work on trying to fix it somehow now. Will edit if I get it fixed.

Edit: Think I fixed it!
          Last edited by Hero; 08-20-2014, 08:18 PM.

Comment

1.)In game Name: Raymondscout
            2.) Have a vs or tr char on emerald: no :(
            3.) concusion or flash: no but i should be able to cert into soon.
            4.) relevant information: Showups for me are not 100% guaranteed for me also I cant garentee that I wont be forced to take time off, however I will notify squad lead before a test if I have to be afk.

Comment

1.) In Game Name: Assault9
              3.) Do you have Concussion or Flash Grenades certed? Yes
              4.) Any other information you think is relevant? I'm an Aquarius and like taking long walks on the beach...aw skip it :D

Comment

edit *now have flash grenades

Comment

1.) In Game Name: Starstriker
                  2.) Have a VS or TR character on Emerald that you would like to use for the defense force during the testing phase? TR, low BR
                  3.) Do you have Concussion or Flash Grenades certed? Yes to both, with large stockpiles of each
                  4.) Any other information you think is relevant?

Comment

1.) In Game Name: Alex021
                    2.) Have a VS or TR character on Emerald that you would like to use for the defense force during the testing phase? I have a BR 9 Vanu (nothing certed on it)
                    3.) Do you have Concussion or Flash Grenades certed? Not at all.
                    4.) Any other information you think is relevant? I don't use a mic.. please don't ask me to call the grenade or the breach. ^^' I really liked to leave the battlefield a bit and train breaching at the warpgate with you last time.
                    sigpic
                    "Keep calm and wait for the medic."
                    {45 270 lives saved}

Comment

1. name: profchaos2001 NC/ NewYorkRanger VS
                      2. Have a VS character on emerald?: Yes, BR 11.
                      3. Do you have Concussion certed: Yes. No Flash.
                      4. Nothing else.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who attended, and to those of you that took part in my second session for the players that could not make it to the first session today.

Here are some lessons based on my observations and the lessons I heard from other people today.

NOTES ON THE BREACHING MESS ABOUT:

1.) Call out clear right / clear left. Check your corners!

2.) Point man centric breach is effective. SL can be point man. But he does not need to be.

3.) Person who throws grenade should call the go. This allows them to account for the fuse on the grenade (almost instant fuse = almost instant GO GO GO command.)

4.) Concussion and EMP grenades are effective. Defending force told us that frag grenades did very little to break their defense. FRAGS ARE NOT EFFECTIVE!

5.) Break up a big building into several breaches. As you dominate one room, do not advance onto the next stairs or next room, instead stop and cover that area, and await orders. SL will call second breach.

6.) Charge command = there will be no more ordered breaches. Just break ranks and CHAARGE. This command should be RARELY used.

7.) Grenade out call is just before you throw, so the rest of the squad hears it as nade is thrown after the lag in voice.

8.) As you breach, focus on keeping MOVING. Do NOT STOP. The FATAL FUNNEL WILL KILL YOU! Get out of it! Force the enemy to divide their fire.
                        Don’t bunch up by the door. Do not "sight up" and shoot right by the door. It seriously cuts your speed unless you have an SMG or shotgun, and leaves you SITTING in the fatal funnel. Defense reported attackers did this a lot. Slide the walls and HIP fire to the far corners, where you can dominate the room. Once you get to a corner, or other dominant position, then sight up and shoot. But you should keep moving until you are away from the door!

9.) If Squad Leader splits the squad, assign a lead to the second door or force. Otherwise you are trying to coordinate a force you cannot control or see. Give them a leader so quick decisions can be made if they need to be.

10.) MAXes are effective, but DO NOT stop sliding the walls because you have a MAX. Maxes should NOT stay in the door, but move JUST like infantry, and slide the wall. Defensive force reported that MAX was most effective when they slid the wall.

11.) When the Squad Lead is assigning who is throwing the grenade for this breach, squad lead should say "<name> is DEMO." Do NOT say "<name> Grenade!" because this can be confusing for the soldier. He may think his Squad lead wants him to "throw a grenade NOW" as opposed to "you are assigned the role of the grenade thrower." Squad lead should know who has what grenade so he/she can assign the right person to the DEMO role.

12.) Do not expose yourself to the room before we breach it UNLESS Squad lead calls for someone to "pie the corner" to gain intel.

13.) When TWO grenades are called for the SL should designate a "primary" and a "secondary" demo man. The primary is the one who will coordinate the throw and breach. The primary typically does this by saying "nade out" on Squad Chat a few seconds before he actually throws, which allows the secondary demo man to hear that command (accounting for lag in game) and then throw at the same time as the primary, roughly). To minimize the chance of one demo man hitting his grenade off the other one's head, the demo in front should crouch down, the other can throw right over him.

14.) Using smoke can be effective if your squad has night vision sights. But keep in mind, using your sights cuts your speed down.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X