Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Another excellent post from Squadside

"Lane Holds"

I know we've used variants of this tactic before, and it's always satisfying and effective. When we've got the manpower to spread out our forces, this is my preferred way of locking down a point or supporting a midfield push.

Maybe we should be reaching out to these guys and just running a squad with them on their server every once in a while... I suspect we'd get along well!

Re: Another excellent post from Squadside

I agree with this a thousand times! I was actually thinking about using this tactic after our last fnf experimenting with controlling territory populations. I feel like we can be more successful with two squads keeping the population level at the 12-24 level with a squad defending inside a building and another covering doors from the outside. I think the enemy will not expect the squad outside and will have a lot of difficulty dealing with fire coming from different angles. I'm definitely in favor of working on this more.

Comment

One of my favourite employments of this sort of strategy is at the Eisa tech plant satellite to the northeast. That base consists of point building on the opposite side of the road from the enemy spawn. The enemy has two bridges across that road, one of them much more direct than the other. I employed one squad to hold the point building (and by necessity, their side of the bridge) while the other squad was on raised rocks overlooking the ENEMY side of the bridge. Any enemy infantry attempting to push the bridge not only had our guys resisting their advance, but our second squad shooting them in the back as they try to cross, from a position completely in the other direction of the point they wanted to capture. We were able to prevent a defensive force substantially larger than us from doing anything effective with that positioning.

Comment

Hi, thanks for reading the post and im glad you found it useful. I would be happy to co-operate with you on either server, though I dont know if time differences will be a problem (we have a high portion of grumpy old men with families and limited time).

Re: the Eisa sattelite. Do you find that you have sufficient firepower and presence on the rocks near the enemy spawn? Whenever I am there I always feel like I am doing little but harrass the enemy as once they are past us they have cover on the bridges and breathing room before encountering the next "Glorious Republic Troops" guarding the point building.
        I find being on the ground (on either side of the bridge) puts a lot more pressure on the enemy (though as you are closer it also increases risk to yourself).

Comment

I think that particular base is a really standout example of a high ground position that REALLY screws with the enemy's preferred attack route. You have a shot on the back of a lot of the cover on the bridge, which they're already relying on to keep themselves safe from troops holding the other end, AND you've got clear shots on them in that whole open ground dash from their spawn. The cover on the bridges that they might use against you is under threat from your troops on the other side. Even with just a few people there you'd be a thorn in their side, but with a squad full of suppressive fire you're hammering away at the foundation of an already painful grind for the enemy defenders.

My experience there was that the enemy couldn't really push the bridge while they were getting shot in the back AND was sufficiently annoyed by the experience that they felt they had to clear out the flanking position. The enemy would then take a fairly awkward route to engage my troops there. They sent enough to really neutralize it as an effective firing position, but not knock us off it... that's still a win, though, as those troops aren't pushing the bridge while the timer ticks down and the enemy force is being pulled in a direction completely opposite of their intended target.

It's been a long time since that particular fight, but if memory serves we took that base under a population deficit.

As for playing together, we should definitely talk about what kind of times might work. We ALSO have a high proportion of grumpy old men, but there are also a fair number of people with more flexible schedules. Our main ops tend to be Fridays around 8-9 EST. If I remember correctly you're on a European server, right? Which time zone are you guys in?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X