Bunkered down Armor Line tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunkered down Armor Line tactics

So over the past few days with TG we've encountered several hard to crack enemy armor lines. The infantry squads we have run well and flank with well-timed AT. Also the few armor squads I've been in function equally well at overall suppression, but there have been several battles that have been advance a few meters forward, fire, retreat a few meters. Followed by a large flank with tanks if we cant get through.

This is all well and good but there's an important piece of equipment I have yet to see employed. The Flash. I know many just chuckled a bit, but here is a few examples of what could be done should we run into a wall of infantry or tanks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_d_j73ElU 2:30 to about 12:20.

Ideas?

Re: Bunkered down Armor Line tactics

I've been meaning to take a look at Flashes since the passenger got the ability to look forward. There's a lot of potential for doing a lot of damage with cloaked hit-and-run attacks. From personal experience I can tell you that a couple cloaked flashes will shred an infantry squad caught in the open.

There could be a mechanized infantry variant we could try with 6 infiltrators and then a mix of heavies, medics, and engineers riding piggyback. Such a squad could execute close range ambushes that Harasser wolf packs would be too visible to try, which might allow us to do some pretty brutal alpha strikes on armour and then fade away. The same squad would also be able to function as an infantry squad focused on long range suppression, which is a tactic I've tried in the past to impressive effect. A half-squad of snipers correctly positioned can lock down a courtyard from a great distance away, and can get to unusual firing positions via the cloaked flashes (and bring their support crew via the rumble seat).

Heavy Assaults with Decimators, AV grenades, and C4 would be a pretty potent demolition crew to pack onto the back of a flash, especially if augmented by a fury on the driver. That's easily going to be enough to alpha strike a tank... the video you posted demonstrates that pretty well.

The major problem is survivability. It's VERY easy to get shot off a flash, even a cloaked flash, and spawn options will be few and far between. Bringing a medic along will help, but losing any vehicles (or crew members in spots too dangerous to revive) will cause attrition.

Comment

Having a galaxy far off or maybey even a valkyrie... (As they can hide better) to serve as a sort of ferrieing service may help with the whole getting people back on there bikes as well, also Id imagine cloaked flashes would be highlighted more if all of them were all together so perhaps some distance may be a good idea as well. I played for a bout 2 or 3 flash life cycles the other day with a similiar concept minus the decimator and c4 and vehichle grenades the lockons worked allright but burst damage seems highly necessary to make this work, also for dealing with infantry if you circle at a medium speed it seems heavy assaults can use their machine guns to take on loan infantry... Also this is pure speculation but for some reason the game prefers to damage to the rumble seat passenger first... anyone else think the rumble seats are in desperate need of some tank style stabilization?

Comment

My flash is pretty solid. I've done this a few times and would like to do it again.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

I love using flashes to get behind locked down prowlers. It's an effective (and survivable) enough tactic alone as an engineer since they won't even notice if you come from a side, get a couple tank mines down and detonate them with a sticky grenade - boom!
          Kardandt - Planetside 2
          Doing more, with less!
          Asus K53E Laptop: I5 2450M, 8GB RAM ("Found in the trash" edition), Intel HD Graphics 3000, Logitech Trackman Marble, Tethered Sprint LTE connection

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X