Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts about a sniping infiltrator? Also what tips do you have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts about a sniping infiltrator? Also what tips do you have?

For the longest time I've always played an smg close up infiltrator. But lately I've equipped my sniper rifle and I've been using it pretty well. I'm able to basically snipe people while the front line does all the work. I can pick off medics and other people that are just standing there. A sniper infiltrator also acts like a really good scout. So anyway do any of you guys have any good tips for a sniping infiltrator? I'm looking to get better at it and maybe you guys can tell me it's main use during squad/platoon work. Thanks.

Re: What are your thoughts about a sniping infiltrator? Also what tips do you have?

One tip would be to max out your motion sensor and always deploy one immediately during a point defense, outside a building you're about to enter or on any piece of terrain you're defending with a squad. There's plenty of snipers who suffer tunnel vision and only focus on getting kills and not keeping an eye on their squad members. Be ready to act as a counter sniper if the squad needs it and always keep one eye on the mini-map for any red dots that the motion sensor detects as the rest of the squad may not see them right away.

Comment

Re: What are your thoughts about a sniping infiltrator? Also what tips do you have?

You might try practicing with the scout rifles for when you need to be more versatile. Sniping is great, but sometimes you don't have a choice but to fight up close. Scout rifles with the 6x scope give you the range and accuracy to snipe, while still having the speed and view to survive a good old fashioned shootout. Plus you can even use the battle rifle on non-infil classes!

Comment

In my mind, the typical role of an infiltrator in an organized infantry squad is intel, occasional hacking, and long range fire support.

One focus of the infiltrator should be on focusing on improving the intel of the squad; at its most basic they should be spotting enemies with darts and motion sensors, and in situations where that's not viable or more detailed intel is needed, via their cloak and a forward/overlooking vantage point.

The other focus of the infiltrator in an infantry squad should be to handle long range suppression and elimination of priority targets, which is where the sniper rifle comes in. It's often quite difficult for the rest of the squad to effectively deal with an enemy sniper, for instance, either because their weapons aren't up for the task or they're focused on something else. An enemy sniper in that scenario can be putting tremendous pressure on the squad and make it easier for an enemy force to wipe them if they push; the infiltrator will do a great service to the squad by dropping them.

That also suggests a long-range suppression element to the role, and it's something a sniper can do fairly effectively, especially when there's more than one. When there aren't any pressing irritants to put down and the intel situation around your squad is in hand, the sniper should be engaging with the rest of the squad and making it as difficult as possible for the enemy to safely engage back.

Comment

^^^Pretty mutch what star just said is why sometimes in our long range av squads is why ill run my infiltrator, even if there isnt much I can be doing at the time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X