Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOP idea and groundwork guild

SOP Idea, and Groundwork.

Edit: As P.Drona said, they are not making more "Official" SOP's so that they don't limit tactical creativity. With that in mind, you can still use this list as a good base for when creating somethig like a guild. I have changed some of the stuff in here to make it more appropriate but I don't have the time change over everything. I also deleted the stuff about the process of getting it official.

As I have looked through the PS2 forms, I have noticed a startling absence of SOP's. There are several that we should have and many more that would be nice to have. As always if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. I will be adding SOP ideas and groundwork as I have time and see the need for them. If you want to help or see something that you think we should have, please step up and help. If there is a special aspect to PS2 you are really good at, it helps as you have a better understanding of the subject matter.

Here are some things that I feel we could use "Guide" on.
    • Counter Ambush "Guide"
    • 'L' Ambush "Guide"
    • Hit-and-Run "Guide"
    • Hedgehog defense "Guide"
    • Breaking contact "Guide"
    • Reaction to Air Attack "Guide"
    And many more. +10 to your amazingness if you know what a Hedgehog Defense (not in chess) is without looking it up. Just some random thing I found on wiki so I'm pretty sure it's not the official name. But cool idea none the less. Just put that in there for the lols.

(Also this list works for Drills but I will me mostly be focusing on SOP ideas.)
    If anyone feels they want to add their own SOP ideas and groundwork, read this please. ("Groundwork" is the term I am using to represent the actual list part of the SOP idea and priorities in that list)
    1. Examine your SOP idea to make sure it is useful in the context of PS2
    2. Look to make sure we don't already have an Official SOP on it
    3. Go to TTP3 - Battle Drills and see if they have any info that would help
    4. Look up online the best "equivalent" to the real military SOP for what you are writing
    5. Take all that info you have and than make it into your SOP idea
    6. Make your own groundwork bases on the info but specifically geared for PS2
    7. Put up a new thread with your SOP idea and groundwork with explanations of anything you feel people might not understand.
    8. After all discussion on any points in your SOP have been settled, make a reply in that thread with just the SOP. (with any of its changes of course) Name the SOP with a version number like 2.0 in case there are any more problems or mistakes that need fixing.

Huge shoutout to Dslyecxi and ShackTactical for the work they have done translating real world tactics into gaming tactics.

P.S.
    I'm not a NCO or anything special, so listen to those guys if they ever contradict what I say. With that note I just want to ask those who are NCO's, Leaders, or administration, if I am stepping over my boundaries by writing something like this? I know its your job to handle SOP's and you have system, so I hope in no way that I'm causing you trouble. Or giving others the idea to cause you trouble in anyway. Unless you guys are just eating donuts and drinking coffee. ;)
    Last edited by MatthewDaManiac; 05-18-2017, 10:22 AM.
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: SOP idea and groundwork guild

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. I wanted to give you some background on Outfit SOPs and why they are at a minimum.

The reason we do not have more official SOPs posted is that, outside the general instruction that we use real world tactics and techniques, we do not want to place too many limits the tactical creativity of our outfit members. The SOPs we have are meant to be minimal and to simply provide for a common framework around which our members can organize. In other words, there is more than one way to skin a cat. If you go back through this sub-forum, you will see that we do not turn every good tactic or strat into an official SOP.

Obviously, this particular sub-forum is for folks to discuss methods and techniques. SLs and PLs can then test and decide which of these they will take up and use in game. Not every real-world technique out there is going to translate well into the game environment. Outside of the basics already listed and things that are not in the spirit of our Primer, outfit leadership is not going to dictate to the members what are the 'official' tactics/methods to use. It's on the members, NCO/Officers and TGU instructors to organize the players and use these ideas in game.

Again, thanks for taking the time to post. Please feel free PM me with any questions you may have.7

Comment

I see where you are headed, Matt. As a matter of fact, I wished to implement some of these a few days ago. The reality-check was harsh!

It takes constant training in order to pull that sort of drills/SOPs, "cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield"-enthousiasts like you and I will fit in this mold.

Principal perk of this kind of organisation is that it drives a ton of details in few words so the task force can quickly go through a list of steps independently.

That quickness is the very threshold to seize opportunities we still fail to have a grasp on.

Principal flaw is that you have to train proportionally to the number*complexity of SOPs.

Comment

-One thing Id like to put into our standard operating procedures is the automatic formation of micro fireteams. I beleive Ghost posted a tr video called UNIT anatomy of a re secure. An example of what im talking about is roughly at the 0:56 mark. I asked the creator of the video if its more of an automatic reaction or that they set it up and he said it was more automatic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WUWAICtyrU
        A secondary tactic I think that would be useful is called in the video the "Baby Me" Tactic that can be seen at 5:53 in witch when peaking in and out of cover the medic works on healing the guys peaking out.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona
          “The Official SOPs are a bare minimum framework that gives everyone in the outfit a common base standard from which to build on. To avoid confusion between player generated info and outfit info, the [SOP] prefix is for official Outfit SOPs only.”
          So we can make more SOP's, but they are not "Official" so they are not required reading. But are up to the members to teach it others, just like other tactics and drills.
          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewDaManiac View Post
            So we can make more SOP's, but they are not "Official" so they are not required reading. But are up to the members to teach it others, just like other tactics and drills.
            Sorry if my PM was not clear but you, as a player/member, cannot make more SOPs. It might be quibbling with language but under our adopted nomenclature, an SOP is an officially supported behavior. You can develop strats and tactics to your hearts content but you don't call them SOPs as they are not required and not necessarily adopted or supported by all SLs and PLs or the outfit officers, training officers and leaders.
            Last edited by P.Drona; 02-16-2015, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
              Sorry if my PM was not clear but you, as a player/member, cannot make more SOPs.
              Roger that! It all good to me. I will just call them a drills and continue on where I left off. People are not forced to learn the breaching drill, but if you want to do it properly, than you have to learn the drill. Also, any drills I make will be open to changes as seen fit. This also points out to me that having an official drill list that only TGU guys can edit would be nice. As I will be adding drills and only the ones that are good should be adopted. (Make it happen please.)

I am assuming the whole SOP prefix for Official SOP's not player made ones, is referring to when someone like me (who doesn't know what they are doing) write an SOP before they are told not to. Correct?

P.S.
              If I'm cousing trouble or anything of the sort, just tell me. My goal is to help TG get better by providing resorces, not cousing thread squabbles.

Comment

Now I fear that by calling things drills you will confuse your efforts with Garthra's. He is our outfit's lead training officer so I would prefer you not crowd his turf by labeling you suggestions as drills. To be clear, I'm not trying to discourage your input regarding tactics, strats or techniques, I merely am requesting that you steer clear of identifying those suggestion with nomenclature that steps on actual official outfit training and SOPs.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X