SOP Idea, and Groundwork.
Edit: As P.Drona said, they are not making more "Official" SOP's so that they don't limit tactical creativity. With that in mind, you can still use this list as a good base for when creating somethig like a guild. I have changed some of the stuff in here to make it more appropriate but I don't have the time change over everything. I also deleted the stuff about the process of getting it official.
As I have looked through the PS2 forms, I have notice a startling absence of SOP's. There are to several that we should have and many more that would be nice to have. As always if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. I will be adding SOP ideas and groundwork as I have time and see the need for them. If you want to help or see something that you think we should have, please step up and help. If there is a special aspect to PS2 you are really good at, it helps as you have a better understanding of the subject matter.
Here are some things that I feel we could use "Guide" on.
- Counter Ambush "Guide"
- 'L' Ambush "Guide"
- Hit-and-Run "Guide"
- Hedgehog defense "Guide"
- Breaking contact "Guide"
- Reaction to Air Attack "Guide"
(Also this list works for Drills but I will me mostly be focusing on SOP ideas.)
If anyone feels they want to add their own SOP ideas and groundwork, read this please. ("Groundwork" is the term I am using to represent the actual list part of the SOP idea and priorities in that list)
- Examine your SOP idea to make sure it is useful in the context of PS2
- Look to make sure we don't already have an Official SOP on it
- Go to TTP3 - Battle Drills and see if they have any info that would help
- Look up online the best "equivalent" to the real military SOP for what you are writing
- Take all that info you have and than make it into your SOP idea
- Make your own groundwork bases on the info but specifically geared for PS2
- Put up a new thread with your SOP idea and groundwork with explanations of anything you feel people might not understand.
- After all discussion on any points in your SOP have been settled, make a reply in that thread with just the SOP. (with any of its changes of course) Name the SOP with a version number like 2.0 in case there are any more problems or mistakes that need fixing.
Huge shoutout to Dslyecxi and ShackTactical for the work they have done translating real world tactics into gaming tactics.
I'm not a NCO or anything special, so listen to those guys if they ever contradict what I say. With that note I just want to ask those who are NCO's, Leaders, or administration, if I am steping over my boundaries by writing something like this? I know its your job to handle SOP's and you have system, so I hope in no way that I'm cousing you trouble. Or giving others the idea to couse you trouble in anyway. Unless you guys are just eating donuts and drinking coffee. ;)