• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• point holds from a TR POV

Hey guys so i also play TR with 1TR.

Just wanted to post a video showing how they hold and defend points

Last edited by ghostshooter101; 02-15-2015, 12:51 PM. Reason: words

Re: point holds from a TR POV

1. Noticing that it's not a static defense, everyone is scrambling all the time. Is this intentional?
    2. How do you not automatically try to shoot the red guys? ;)
    Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

A lot more fluid than what we usually do. One of the obvious advantages of that is that you have more chances to disrupt the enemy on the lower floor, but that at the same time causes more chances for attrition. I've been considering the idea of having a fireteam of the holding squad whose job is explicitly to get out of the building or occasionally sweep the lower floor and disrupt enemy positions to prevent orderly breaches, which would be viable as long as a beacon or external spawn was available.

What are your takeaways, Ghost? What does 1TR do with their point holds that we could learn from?

Comment

-THEY HAVE MOAR BULLETS just kidding. Tr guns have always been my favorite a little sorry nc, controlling that recoil is just straight up harder.
        Im curios to see how Stars idea holds up vs our usual point hold method. Its a shame that with planet side we couldn't run consistent tests as to how these hold up. It might be a good idea to try it every so often though. If we have success we may want to start implementing it into our squads.

Comment

Here is a link to a similar video and discussion. http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...hold-dd12.html

Originally posted by MatthewDaManiac
          3. They would fire from the stairs. In most cases, we tend to just hang out on one level. Now this is not a bad thing and helps people like Medics, do their jobs better. But This game is not like real life, and the person who comes around the corner in this, has a slight time advantage. What they where able to do is interrupt the normal build up of enemy's on the base floor. It was so affactive that for almost the whole video, I thought that they where fighting less people than they were. When one of our squads gets killed, it normally has to do with a Rush of people that have built up on the lower floors and crashing through our defense. So while it can be more deadly to expose yourself to the enemy it can, if done right, throw off the whole attack and keep the enemy guessing.
          This game is way different from others. I have already talked about how Suppresstion works opposite to other games. And think defence is the same. A still defense is easy to counter with numbers, a moving defence is easier to counter with organization. But when we fight, we normally take the one that is less affective, because in other games, it would be the best. Just my thoughts.
          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Another possibility is having entry assignments with support units roaming. I will not discuss details here but there is a decent combo defense I have thought might make a solid resistance. It is just a theory right now but I'm hoping it will be effective.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X