E-Male's Tactical Quickies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] E-Male's Tactical Quickies

I will use this thread to post videos from the series PS2 Tactical Quickies.

sigpic

Re: E-Male's Tactical Quickies

Is this actually a good idea? The medics heal gun and resurrection particles will all show up through the smoke due to the way render order works (much like a heavy assault's overshield) which will light them up like a Christmas tree once they start.

Comment

It otherwise degrades visibility. Not perfect, but I think particularly useful for providing cover after revive and highlighting an area that needs attention.
      sigpic

Comment

If I remeber correctly, placing smoke in between the enemy and you will help with the heal gun's particles. But when they are in the smoke the show more. I might be wrong on this point but I can't really remember.
        "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

That would make sense. Rendering artifacts like this are usually caused by render order issues. On the other hand, certain types of blending (additive in particular) make sense to do in their own pass, in which case it wouldn't help. I don't know exactly how PS2 does it

Comment

And this older PS2 video demonstrating smoke use:

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed