Recommended Vehicle Loadouts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Vehicle Loadouts?

As someone who has only been in the outfit for a month or so, I been looking through the SOPs and sticky threads looking for recommended vehicle loadouts. Does TG have standardized or recommended loadouts? It would be useful for new players, as well as experienced players who are new to the outfit, or are certing into a new (for them) vehicle.

I noticed this last night, running in the armor squad (Delta). People pulled Vanguards, and there was no discussion about what they should be equipped with. I was gunning, so I didn't need to pull mine, but is my HEAT okay, or is AP considered mandatory? While we were on the move, the SL said "If you're running with me, you need Racer chassis". Is that standard? Wouldn't it have been better to know that before vehicles were pulled?

Although the above example is for Vanguards, the same issue exists with just about all the vehicles TG uses. It would save us time when re-equipping or pulling things, because SL requests wouldn't need to be further clarified ("Do you want blockade armor or bubble shield? AI, AV, or AA? ...")

Thanks!

Jaeger
    sigpic

Re: Recommended Vehicle Loadouts?

it may be my fault but I may of standardized the load outs to be AP and racer. There is no right or wrong answer unless the SL ask for a certain set up before people start pulling. I usually tell the squad to pull AP and racer before hand since it suits my style of play/leading. Oh and stealth also =)

Comment

There is no hard coded setup.

Each squad member can pull what they think is needed IF the Squad lead does not state it.

BUT don't pull anything without asking first and also wait for the return answer.

If a squad lead want to sneak past an armour squad and engage them from the rear then to disappear then re engage somewhere else. They may ask for stealth lightings with the best AP round you have.

If the squad lead only give the plan, then you could ask or use your best judgement.

when ever I pull a sunderer for a SL and don't know the plan, Ill Ask first..

SL PLAN: We are going 'this base' and jump out and kill the armour.
      You can have a look at the map and see 'this base' has a gate shield and has not been contested, if so opt for or request gate shield defuser, set yourself up as an engineer with AV Mines and a mana turret

If your not the sunderer driver, request AV MAX/AV heavy and if no one else has medic, ask if one will be needed.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
        it may be my fault but I may of standardized the load outs to be AP and racer. There is no right or wrong answer unless the SL ask for a certain set up before people start pulling. I usually tell the squad to pull AP and racer before hand since it suits my style of play/leading. Oh and stealth also =)
        Yup, this is the kind of thing I'm referring to. My HEAT/Racer/Auto-repair Vanguard wouldn't be that useful to you. Now that I know that, I can purchase the AP and cert it and stealth. But if I don't find this out until we're at the WG and pulling, I can't help the squad.

I've noticed TG has an aversion to telling people what to get (especially if it involves spending SC...), so feel free to call them "suggestions" or "recommendations", I think it would still be useful for those of us new to TG...

Jaeger
        sigpic

Comment

Despite Ghost heckling me about it all the time I use heat rounds and rival chassis almost exclusively. Vanguards are beasts and so long as you have a gunner you wont usually lose a one on one with any tank at close range even with heat rounds vs enemy AP rounds. I crush them all the time. The key is knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the different MBT's and work to maximize yours accordingly.

Comment

pretty much what vlad said. I've used a bone stock vanguard with a kobalt on top and killed fully certed enemy tanks. Its all about knowing the pros and cons of each tank. Also its the squad leads job to put the squad in the best position where they can be most effective. Cert your tank the way you want since its a big investment, I wont kick you out of the squad for not having AP or stealth.

Comment

To answer your question more generally, no we do not have standard loadouts or anything like that. This is for a couple reasons.

First, TG is not like your usual top down outfit in the traditional sense, where we dictate certain load outs, tactics, strategies, etc. The only real rules are follow CoC, SOPs, and Primer, etc. which opens up play to be creative (think open sandbox). As a consequence of this, I think we tend to attracts smart, imaginative people who like to take charge and sort of pursue strategies they are interested in in a more organic way (ghost or DoT will often run armor, I prefer airborne infantry, etc.). So we end up getting a nice variation of tactics and the game doesn't get stale.

Secondly, the writing and maintenance of such guides would be cumbersome to maintain, especially as balance tweaks happen over time. Today's weapon / load out of choice may fall out of favor with the next game update, balance pass, or introduction of a new vehicle or piece of equipment. And so the "best loadout," can be fluid, situationally, as well as over time as the game continues to be developed. Not only that, it is often a matter of opinion (see above debate, for example).

Having said that, there are many experienced players here, and we do have threads periodically debating the merits of certain load outs over others. And you are welcome to start a new thread with any specific questions you have about, say, a tank load out. And then you will get everyone's opinion on where that stands currently. Even searching for old threads on the same topic may not be relevant any more, due to the changing nature of the game.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A Rival/HEAT Vanguard in a Stealth/Racer/AP column ? You'll be the bait !

Ba-dum-tss
                My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
                Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X