Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Playtesting

Do you like tanks?
    Do you want to take armor tactics up a level from what is usually seen in PS2?
    Are you in TG?

If the answer to these three questions is yes, read on.

There has been some interest recently in developing more armor squads at TG. I am looking for volunteers to try tactical armor play. When I say tactical I mean things like:
    1.) Formations ; moving in them, changing from one to another fluidly;
    2.) Designated sectors of cover / observation during movements and halts
    3.) Called halts using herringbone / coil
    4.) Proper Group movement (not tactical blob, but things like bounding over watch, etc.)

If this sounds like something you are interested in, post below. I am putting together a list of players who are willing to experiment and try this out.
    I don’t know exactly what will work yet, but we will never find out what works and what doesn’t without some people willing to put in the “leg” work, er, I mean the “tread,” work.
    This means very likely our effectiveness will drop for a while, as we figure out what works, and how to function as a unit.
    I do not offer you high K/D ratios, I offer you the chance to try something new and different.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Armor Playtesting

I am willing to help out if I can.

I cannot offer fixed time of day slots, but I can offer my playing time to bulk up any sessions you are running.

If I am leading a squad, with their consent, I will happily consider passing the unit over to you.

One thing that may also be useful is an 'eye in the sky' recording and/or relaying formation information back to the squad.

This 'eye in the sky' could observe the top view of the squad and even see from the a phantom targets Point of view.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

You can count me in!

As for vts, I cannot offer fixed time of day slots.

Comment

I am interested. However would have the intended TTP's fleshed out here by those who would contribute here before determining a training itinerary. Helps minimize the distraction of debates and additions on the fly. Though some will be inevitable, much can be handled here ahead of time.

Comment

Count me in.

Ba-dum-tss
          My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
          Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

Just let me know when and where

Comment

i can tag along and can offer any advice if needed. Armor has a special place in my heart so i would love to help or just pulling tanks for people who dont have a certed one. Also thank you for setting this up ^_^

Comment

Count me in !!!

Listo cuando quieran. :)

Comment

Wait, Garthra is talking about those gross, earth-bound cert machines I was certain he hated? I am intrigued. Also, you guys regularly take armor up about 5 notches from normal PS2 play. A certain Purple group merely spams the floaty eggshells, and the red guys seem to have lost something, usually only shelling bases from remote hillsides using lockdown instead of actively engaging. My red pajamas often need changed after running into a TG armor group.
                  MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

I'm very interested.

Originally posted by TonyMac View Post
                    Also, you guys regularly take armor up about 5 notches from normal PS2 play.
                    Focus fire, Fire discipline, Contact Reports, Flanking and teamwork. These are the five notches that we take it up. As Garthra always says, "Your squad is your weapon". And if we can make it better, that would be great.
                    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewDaManiac View Post
                      I'm very interested.

Focus fire, Fire discipline, Contact Reports, Flanking and teamwork. These are the five notches that we take it up. As Garthra always says, "Your squad is your weapon". And if we can make it better, that would be great.
                      ...Where did we find this guy? He's like the minister of propaganda over here. ;-)
                      MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Would love to be involved in this. I've been certing out my Vanguard quite a bit lately, want to put it to good use.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd be interested in giving this a go as well. I have some certs into my vanguard, though not as many as I'd like. I seem to keep misplacing my certs in my galaxy. >.> As for time, I am flexible.
                          #BlameCairbre

Comment

eh sighn me up i dont mind when armour squads arent a large occurence only thing that frusterates me though is sitting atop a hill and plinking at vehicles

Comment

I am bringing this forum back.
                              Let's pick a time on the weekend to work. Not friday nights. Interested parties should post their two best time slots, or as many as they can make.
                              These times are listed in SERVER TIME, or east coast USA time. Zulu time is 4 HOURS ahead of this. Remember the conversion when responding!

Possible slots:
                              1.) Friday BEFORE friday night fights (4pm until 8pm)
                              2.) Saturday Morning (9am to noon)
                              3.) Saturday Early Afternoon (noon to three)
                              4.) Saturday Late Afternoon (three to six)
                              5.) Saturday Evening (six to nine)
                              6.) Saturday Late (nine to midnight)

Sunday:
                              7.) Sunday Morning (9am to noon)
                              8.) Sunday Early Afternoon (noon to three)
                              9.) Sunday Late Afternoon (three to six)
                              10.) Sunday Evening (six to nine)
                              11.) Sunday Late (Nine to midnight)

I also need a volunteer to lead it if I am not avalible. If you are willing and HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF ARMOR to lead, put that in your post.

Sample Response:

Garthra
                              Willing to Lead Exercises.
                              4.) Saturday Late Afternoon (Three to six)
                              9.) Sunday Late Afternoon (THree to six)
                              The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X