Opfor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opfor

I think enough people have alts at this point that we could perform training with more than just us blowing up doorways. At your service for vehicular things.
    MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Re: Opfor

The trouble with OpFor training was never really lack of TG players with alts per say, but more the game mechanics.
    PS2 naturally feeds reinforcements into unequal fights, and other people are free to bother our training area any time.

However, if these obstacles can be overcome or sidestepped I am happy to some opfor training.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

The test server?
      sigpic

Comment

The test server is problematic for a lot of reasons, not least of which is the setup time for those without it already installed and updated. If everyone can agree to set it up it's a great option.

IMO, the best way to do training with opfor under current mechanics is to find a low population continent and then conduct the operations on a base outside the front line and deploy a few Sunderers. This is how we did a bunch of breach training a while back. The reinforcement system won't funnel anyone there. You'll get occasional interference from the locals, but they can be politely asked to leave it alone or, if that fails, treated as a course hazard. ;)

Comment

From my understanding (aka what I've been told) we can't use alts from a different faction than ours for the purposes of live fire training. Reason being that it could be misconstrued as stat padding which one can be banned for. If this does hold true, I don't think we have any other option that to use the test server. Those who are committed to doing the training will participate and those who are not or cannot, won't. Live fire training outside of the warpgate at a secluded base on a low population continent could in theory work, though it leaves us with the problem of weapon lock. Repeatedly killing friendlies (which is bound to happen in this scenario) leads to longer weapon lock times as well.
          #BlameCairbre

Comment

Originally posted by Thgzfrlife View Post
            From my understanding (aka what I've been told) we can't use alts from a different faction than ours for the purposes of live fire training. Reason being that it could be misconstrued as stat padding which one can be banned for. If this does hold true, I don't think we have any other option that to use the test server. Those who are committed to doing the training will participate and those who are not or cannot, won't. Live fire training outside of the warpgate at a secluded base on a low population continent could in theory work, though it leaves us with the problem of weapon lock. Repeatedly killing friendlies (which is bound to happen in this scenario) leads to longer weapon lock times as well.
            We've done it before as SS outlined with pretty good results and not too many problems (mainly griefers, as mentioned above). But most people are pretty cool with it, or join us in participating, or move along once you tell them you are training. Never heard of anyone getting banned (or so much as an infraction) from SOE/DBG for anything like that.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Just be careful to not make it look like stat-padding. DBG probably has some automated monitoring of this.

Comment

I would personally recommend picking non-base structures (the buildings out behind howling pass, for example). While our pop would show up, we're awful far from the base itself.

sigpic

Comment

This should be checked out with outfit leadership- my recollection is that as much as I enjoy opfor, it was specifically discouraged by one or more of the outfit leaders. I will try to find the link.
                  Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

...says the new admin. :P

Comment

^^^

Comment

Found it, and I was wrong. It referred to friendly fire testing. OPFOR testing seems to be okay!
                        Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

^ I like this guy, seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

#BlameDerpingGhostshooter101VS

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X