Point Holding set up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Holding set up

Hi guys 76 here I just wanted to share a strategy for point Holding, I have a few load outs that I tested in virtual reality too, that I think will benefit everyone evolved in a operation, each of these focuses on breaching,and then being able to suppress an enemy until the base caps.

For the first part, Beaching if anti air is heavy I would suggest flying in 2 fire teams on 2 Valkyries 1 coming in from the north and one coming in on the south. This forces the anti air to split focus and as a result it makes it significantly weaker. When flying in on Valkyries the medics should be in the gunners seat to prevent taking flak damage, and splash, if the medic dies in the Valkyrie the fight yet to come will be a tough one. I'd highly recommend investing at least into 1 level of composite armour just to make the trip a bit more bearable.

Upon landing, preferably on the roof tops the teams should go to the different entrances and the designated person will throw a concussion grenade at the exact same time on both sides, mediately after the grenade goes off the designated juggernaut (breaching class I'll talk about later) will charge in followed by the HA's with Light machine-guns, followed by the single engine in that fire team and the medics staying behind until it is all clear or if a revive grenade needs throwing.

After the successful breach the engines should mediately set up their bouncing Betty's on the stairs and then their anti infantry turrets at the top.If no stairs are present they are to set up by doors. Medics will be split in between the rooms if there is multiple, they are to go where there is cover, they must stay away from windows at all costs. The heavy with light machine guns are to cover the stairs to the roof if there is any (if not they are on window duty and stair duty)
    The heavy that breached earlier are to cover the doors as there shotguns will put anything down if they are positioned correctly. Inside the point building the lights should be green, anything that moves is to be filled with lead bullets, if you get shot at from the outside you should be able to retaliate if the situation calls for it, other wise don't shoot outside as anyone who is not outside is not a threat to the objective, let them come to us as we will have the choke points set up. Once in position don't move. Remember to call out Mechanized Assault eXosuits, infantry and remember to call out revive grenades medics. Medics should also shoot first revive second. The revive priority is Medics Mechanized Assault eXosuits(if on us) Engineers and heavy assaults. When killed wait for a medic or if whipped wait for Squad Leads next order.

Again, sorry for any mess, this was just something I wanted to try out sometime as we are point holding more often now!, please tell me where I can improve, have a good one.

Re: Point Holding set up

Originally posted by Pats76 View Post
    Hi guys 76 here I just wanted to share a strategy for point Holding, I have a few load outs that I tested in virtual reality too, that I think will benefit everyone evolved in a operation, each of these focuses on breaching,and then being able to suppress an enemy until the base caps.

For the first part, Beaching if anti air is heavy I would suggest flying in 2 fire teams on 2 Valkyries 1 coming in from the north and one coming in on the south. This forces the anti air to split focus and as a result it makes it significantly weaker. When flying in on Valkyries the medics should be in the gunners seat to prevent taking flak damage, and splash, if the medic dies in the Valkyrie the fight yet to come will be a tough one. I'd highly recommend investing at least into 1 level of composite armour just to make the trip a bit more bearable.

Upon landing, preferably on the roof tops the teams should go to the different entrances and the designated person will throw a concussion grenade at the exact same time on both sides, mediately after the grenade goes off the designated juggernaut (breaching class I'll talk about later) will charge in followed by the HA's with Light machine-guns, followed by the single engine in that fire team and the medics staying behind until it is all clear or if a revive grenade needs throwing.

After the successful breach the engines should mediately set up their bouncing Betty's on the stairs and then their anti infantry turrets at the top.If no stairs are present they are to set up by doors. Medics will be split in between the rooms if there is multiple, they are to go where there is cover, they must stay away from windows at all costs. The heavy with light machine guns are to cover the stairs to the roof if there is any (if not they are on window duty and stair duty)
    The heavy that breached earlier are to cover the doors as there shotguns will put anything down if they are positioned correctly. Inside the point building the lights should be green, anything that moves is to be filled with lead bullets, if you get shot at from the outside you should be able to retaliate if the situation calls for it, other wise don't shoot outside as anyone who is not outside is not a threat to the objective, let them come to us as we will have the choke points set up. Once in position don't move. Remember to call out Mechanized Assault eXosuits, infantry and remember to call out revive grenades medics. Medics should also shoot first revive second. The revive priority is Medics Mechanized Assault eXosuits(if on us) Engineers and heavy assaults. When killed wait for a medic or if whipped wait for Squad Leads next order.

Again, sorry for any mess, this was just something I wanted to try out sometime as we are point holding more often now!, please tell me where I can improve, have a good one.
    Load outs(sorry for the mess)

Combat medic:Combat before the revive
    Weapons: Carnage-Assault Rifle (most adaptable for close quarters combat) Hunter(infiltrator darts) C-4 Suit slot grenade bandoleer grenades: revive grenades
    Ability 1 should have a shield bubble, other 2 should have area of effect heal.

Heavy(Breacher) (Shotgun)
    Weapons jack hammer(ext magazines) Pistol: Pistol of choice, N-S revolvers recommend . Grenade: concussion extra slot:medical kit Shield: Default or adrenaline. Rocket Launcher: Dumb fire Suit Slot: Nano weave

Heavy (Infantry)
    Weapon EM-6 or EM-1(guns with high clips for sustained periods of shooting), pistol of choice, dumb fire launcher. grenades: AV.Suit slot Shield capacitor. shield: Resist. medical kits

Engineer (AI) The Suppressors at the stairs
    Gun: anything that launches smoke grenades
    Secondary:hunter (infiltrator darts)
    AI turret. Extra: C-4 or Bouncing Betty's
    Suit slot utility pouch. Use the regular grenade

Comment

As a medic and engineer on point hold, I have given up the 'flack armour' slot in favour for 'grenade bandolier' and 'utility slot' respectively.

Useful read also:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...=1#post1804229

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I think trying to coordinate the timings is asking to much in such a fluid environment. Ideally they should be closely timed but honestly a few seconds wont matter greatly (in fact a second delay might help the later party's breach as the first party is taking the agro). Betties are great, but I think the AT mine might deserve a look at since it'll help counter an unexpecting or rushing MAX.

I think the premise is solid and the kits are valuable (never knew the Hunter had infil darts). Shield Capacitor suit slot might be unnecessary if the Medic has the shield bubble, I run SC on my LA and its great but whenever a shield bubble is around I'd rather have flak or nano (or something else). Finally, I completely disagree with smoke grenade attachments. Any time spent attempting to befuddle the opponents vision is time not spent shooting them dead (and smoke so close to your position is detrimental).

Comment

Pats76, welcome!

Glad to see the time honored tradition of theory crafting is still alive and well in PS2 at TG! :)
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Here is a point hold idea. Someone probably thought of this years ago.

ATV/Flash
            Hill Climbing certed. NOT speed. (allows to go up stairs to maneuver in bases)
            With a triage medic on top
            Radar certed to max
            And the shotgun or Kobalt attached. (Kolbalt - great ammo capacity & versatile. Shotgun shorter time to kill and easier to use, but greater risk of FF, and more specialized.)

Advantages:
            Medic gives aoe heals (INCLUDING maxes) with triage. (maxed its 5 meter radius, so small bubble range)
            Has more firepower than normal infantry.
            Provides radar stronger(longer range) than infil can.
            Can even cert stealth so enemy won't know we have radar when they approach. (Max stealth = no autodetect.)

Disadvantage:
            The hard part is getting the ATV there, but if we have infil hack their vehicle terminal when we drop in, an ATV with hill climbing can go anywhere infantry can.
            Limits medic's mobility, reduces ability to respond to changing fight b/c gun arc is narrow, and movement in the point hold area could run friendlies over.

I have the certs already spent. If anyone is willing to try it with me. :)
            Last edited by Garthra; 02-05-2016, 03:22 AM.
            The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Originally posted by Garthra View Post
              Here is a point hold idea. Someone probably thought of this years ago.

ATV/Flash
              Hill Climbing certed. NOT speed. (allows to go up stairs to maneuver in bases)
              With a triage medic on top
              Radar certed to max
              And the shotgun or Kobalt attached. (Kolbalt - great ammo capacity & versatile. Shotgun shorter time to kill and easier to use, but greater risk of FF, and more specialized.)

Advantages:
              Medic gives aoe heals (INCLUDING maxes) with triage. (maxed its 5 meter radius, so small bubble range)
              Has more firepower than normal infantry.
              Provides radar stronger(longer range) than infil can.
              Can even cert stealth so enemy won't know we have radar when they approach. (Max stealth = no autodetect.)

Disadvantage:
              The hard part is getting the ATV there, but if we have infil hack their vehicle terminal when we drop in, an ATV with hill climbing can go anywhere infantry can.
              Limits medic's mobility, reduces ability to respond to changing fight b/c gun arc is narrow, and movement in the point hold area could run friendlies over.

I have the certs already spent. If anyone is willing to try it with me. :)
              We could try this tonight if you are planing on Squad leading, I'm always open to try new strategies!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X