Small Squad Slow Tactical Approach To Room Clearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Squad Slow Tactical Approach To Room Clearing

I have been thinking about room breaches. There are generally two types that I know of. "Soft"/Stealth and Dynamic. Dynamic is move fast and loud and hard. Soft is what it sounds like. It is more deliberate, slicing the pie on corners, covering sectors.

vts and I were experimenting with how a fire team sized force might use a "soft" room clearing approach to address 1-12 size fights. An example: Squad leader sees the base he is attacking is being back capped. Sends 4 guys to clear it and get point back. Or SL drops 4 guys on a point to stop a ghost cap, etc.

This is NOT made for a 12 man squad at this point... but smaller fights.

Here are the basic ideas:

1.) slice the pie before entering any door.

2.) Either Cross enter, or button hook entery. (Button hook better for wider T entrances, where crossing takes longer.)

3.) L corners, you do one guy inside low, one strafing to the outside. Basically on the GO one guy is crouching right at the corner shooting, one is strafing fast across the L.

4.) Emphasis on slow movement and covering. While one team is checking corners the other is covering center.

5.) two pairs. moving in pairs. 2x medic, 1 eng, 1 HA. (pairs are 1 medic each) You are basically moving together and leapfrogging or covering each other.

The idea is slow and steady clearing.

Example: On the L shaped buildings (single story, one room, you know the one). Door is sliced at least partially to gather intel. Then Pair One is getting the "short" corner (the corner so small only one crouching guy could fit) and the "center." So Pair 1, consisting of soldier A and B. soldier A sits outside the door, basically covering the fatal funnel for just a second, while B checks that very short corner. As soon as B has checked that corner, A is inside. MEANWHILE, Pair 2, C and D are breaching and going along the "Long" side. SO on GO one guy is staying outside the door, basically continuing to "slice" the center area so the guys getting corners are OK for the few seconds it takes to clear the corners. Then Pair One can either shift to the long side and go with pair 2, or can work their way up their wall.

This is meant to ensure that we will not be surprised, and in a 1-12 size fight, give us the advantage. This will not work in a large fight, because things get too chaotic, in my view.

I am happy to demonstrate this to anyone. I should have taken video with VTS but failed to do so.

Any thoughts?
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Garthra I got Adobe Animate CC working yesterday :D Happy to help set up some graphics for ya anytime buddy.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    [unit][conduct][volun][command]
    TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
    Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
    "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
    "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

Comment

Thanks Unkl !
      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Originally posted by Garthra View Post

vts An example: Squad leader sees the base he is attacking is being back capped. Sends 4 guys to clear it and get point back. Or SL drops 4 guys on a point to stop a ghost cap, etc.

This is NOT made for a 12 man squad at this point... but smaller fights.

5.) two pairs. moving in pairs. 2x medic, 1 eng, 1 HA. (pairs are 1 medic each) You are basically moving together and leapfrogging or covering each other.
        Small problem, during point holds or most of my own squads that I lead there are only two or three medics.
        If the drop is sudden, I would have to send four of my troopers directly to the spawn room to change kits to whats asked and sometimes the enemy is ready for a spawn room response.
        This is not a problem when I know before we launch from the deployment zone.

My own opinion on the team composition (this is not saying yours is wrong just another way to look at it):
        I would send only a single medic, two heavy assaults and a light assault to re-secure a position with the primary goal depending on the timer.
        The Light assault and the medic would have the C4 explosives if required. The heavy assaults with their own utility of choice.

If the timer is more important or the enemy has a mobile spawn point (galaxy spawning): sending all to re-secure would be best.
        If the timer is not as (2+min) important and the enemy has a deployed sunderer: Disposing of the sunderer will be the better course of action first, and with two heavy assaults and at least two blocks of C4 (light assault and/or medic) the sunderer can be taken without much of a problem due to being ready at long and short range against a vehicle.

Light assaults can provide advantage over enemy force due to being able to flank from above and access new breach locations.
        Flashbangs can blind the enemies for a few seconds during a room cleaning and Smoke can provide those with IR scopes a larger advantage.

Two heavies is ideal for the purpose of slow and steady cleaning, due to their heavy firepower and ability to suppress/overlapping fire. Double concussion grenades covering a larger area and/or improving disorientation of the enemy is a bonus.

A single medic is not advantageous but does give the primary team their two or at least one medic if their not prepared beforehand to send a fireteam out.

This team would be working mostly as 2 HA's forward and the medic in cover while the LA is solo.

Also here's some graphics Reddit user Alexs189 made:

http://imgur.com/a/AmClX#0

Original find: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...uilding_plans/

Comment

Something I was playing with Last Night about two fire teams of two.
          Team 1 breaches, checks Right side, MIddle then Left
          Team 2 Stacks at the L shap bounding ahead of Team 1
          Team1 covers the area just entered and the top exit
          Team 2 breaches the next section
          Team 2 cut the pie to of exit door then cover entrance
          Team 1 stack left of the exit door slicing the pie again
          Team 2 team cover the rear area
          Team 1 Breach out guarding Left and right
          Team 2 cover the rear and exit to the Right...

Team 2 end up been the hidden element whom can support Team 1 if contact is made

PLEASE NOTE:This was my first attempt using Stykz to see what I could do with it.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Just so you know I am not crazy or the first person to talk about this alternative to breaching... here are two links that talk about real world use.

Link 1: https://www.policeone.com/swat/artic...iberate-entry/

This article makes a few really important points which match up with what VTS and I were thinking..
            "1. Operators can “slice the pie” into the stronghold prior to entry..."

"Moving through the objective is very much the same as the dynamic entry. You will utilize the same CQB principles. A critical component is that the team must maintain security during the movement. In other words, there must be guns covering all threats all the time."

One thing that I theorize is you should be ready to switch from slow and steady to fast and dynamic very very quickly. How to do that effectively is a puzzle.

Link 2: Just for reference.
            Cutting-edge breach and assault techniques for overwhelming fortified felons! - Page 2

Comment

The core of it is pie as much as you can get away with, then assault the rest while someone covers. Ideally you are only assaulting 10-20% of a room.

Use High/Low splits, (one crouch, one stand,) or Close/Far (one slices a corner tightly, and one strafes wide) to make sure you have two guys facing their one whenever possible.

This style of clearing is also discussed here:
              http://www.slideshare.net/Ryean1/clo...nging-paradigm

Slides 24-25 are especially useful for pie the room, and clear remainder.
              Slides 56-58 are useful for really thinking about angles.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X