A challenging fight can be a very fun one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A challenging fight can be a very fun one

I notice if some squads or platoons wipe in an even fight they change directions to another fight. Why not come at the fight from a different direction with a more careful tactic. Don't redeploy to the warp gate, just spawn and flank to a better position.

That's the real challenge taking out that area. Not only that but your group gets used to the areas. Just like in older FPS where we all played and got better at certain maps. Jumping around seems like the leader is kind of giving up too soon. If the fight is even you still have that chance. Just slow down some is all. I'm not sure about others but I know it confuses me. I don't know if I'm coming or going.

FUN FUN

In my opinion, it is a tough call Spar.

Sometimes after a wipe a squad/platoon leader thinks "running into that wall again is not going to change anything, and I don't want to put my squad members through that." Other times a squad leader thinks "If we just try that differently or even the same, it might work, we were close that time... with a little bit of luck and another MAX..."

I know that one of the things that is the least fun for me as a leader is repeatedly wiping my guys, so I tend to move if I think we may be running into a repeated wipe situation. That's not to say that changes in tactics or squad composition cannot sometimes make a difference. I recall one recent time we tried the exact same assault tactic to take an enemy held point, and it worked the second time.

Deciding whether it is worth pushing back into a fight, or better to move somewhere else is a decision that has to be made quickly and on the specific circumstances at the moment.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

That's just it. Most of the times we are to direct. So we kinda make our own wall if we just take it. You can't just take everything in 3 4 even 5 minutes. Sometimes you have to test and feel the strength. And I don't mean by wiping.

Well then if leaders feel bad then they are not fully planning ahead. Retreat or hold your ground can sometimes make the difference instead of pushing in. Helping to make sure the friendlies are able to push into certain areas and the like. Whats wrong with partial retreats? What I'm also saying is once the squad wipes 3/4 of the way I see the plan change to the redeploy for the next plan. Yeah some want you out safe but most of the time the squad is there till they are dead. No exit plans. Kinda like we succeed every time we advance. That is untrue.

FUN FUN

Comment

I am trying to understand how to apply this idea, and I am not able to see it in my mind. Can you help?

If I am understand you correctly you are advocating for a more standoff approach, don't go inside, so you won't wipe, instead stay outside and hold the outside for friendlies? So we stay in the big fight longer by reducing the casualty rate, which you in turn do by reducing the danger to the squad?

We fight on the edges of the big battle, not rushing into the middle. Ok. That works great on defense, where the critical assets (enemy sundys) are on the outside.

But it sounds like you are talking offense... how can we employ the strategy you are advocating on offense?
        On offense many bases (most?) are designed such that you cannot really influence the capture point from range. And the capture point is the critical point in an offensive battle.

So what do you do on those bases? Can you give me an example?

I am happy to try this, I just need to understand it better first. Maybe next time I am on we could meetup and you could explain? Or maybe you could lead a squad and demonstrate?
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Yes look for the right time to move in. Show some restraint. . Being on the ground in the fight even if your testing the NME lets you get used to the terrain and see who your up against. You can move into the point when the time is right. You can also move off the point when the time is right.

So for offense sometimes you have to leave the area. Fine take the point but we must control the area. If we can't control the area around the point then we are outmatched most of the time. And yes this might mean being outside spread out more with all comms in check. If friendlies are in the area it only takes 1 on the map to tell you he/she is on the point till there is an issue. So friendlies do matter for armor, air and infantry. we need to pay attention to there positions. And enemy positions are a must. We seem to bypass NME all the time just to get to a waypoint. Sometimes the mission is to also clear the way for backup. Its not said but it should be standard.

I've been saying this all along. We are Tactical gamer we need to start working plans in our favor everytime. That could make a fight last half the night. That might sound boring to some but not dying in game for long periods of time you get to see a lot of how things are working. We have to slow down. I will have to talk to you when I am not medicated. I work very hard so my off time is mine but I will try to get this right.

FUN FUN

Comment

Sure thing man. No worries.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X