Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] How to increase performance like a man

Hi guys,

I found this great performance guide a community member on the ps2 forums. I am testing it's recommendations now.
    I could quote it here if I knew how, but on the other hand, this guy made such a nice post, if you go see on the website, he can see the views. I hope many take the time to give him a reply.

How to increase performance like a man:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...e-a-man.49224/

Let's hope it works! Performance was great for me the last days on Amerish, but on Esamir I got into real troube going down to 12-15 fps for longer times in big fights. I think Esamir is possibly less optimized since the changes, but it's the most resource intense map to run afaik.

I'm also running the sweetfx thing now, with anisotrpic filtering 8x. Indeed looks crisp. Might hape to drop the 8X though, we'll see.
    Last edited by Buflak; 02-20-2013, 11:34 AM.

Re: How to increase performance like a man

IIRC, increasing anisotrophic filtering shouldn't have much of a performance decrease past 4x or so.

It's not like AA where 8x and 16x have greatly increased performance impact.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I wish changing any of the user options helped my frame rate, but its still cpu bound. I can set all low, and get 20 fps, and the same for setting everything to high. It's definitely still a game issue causing the bad performance. People also keep having that placebo effect as well.

Comment

How to increase performance like a man

So the release isn't very optimized it sounds? I mean why spend $300 on a gpu if the game code uses CPU
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
          So the release isn't very optimized it sounds? I mean why spend $300 on a gpu if the game code uses CPU
          I believe undead is one of the few souls suffering from extreme low performance. The optimization has come a long way and is completely playable for most. That being said even SOE has admitted its not were they want it. I would at least try the game with your current set up before dropping money on hardware. Joys of free to play!

Comment

I'm not one of the few, John. I'm one of the few hundred thousands. I'm running a two year old i7-860 OC'ed @3.65Ghz. Its actually the game lacking the correct multi-core support. The game is being hindered by 10 year old DirectX 9 tech.

Read this thread, http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ization.49152/
            Last edited by johnflenaly; 11-22-2012, 11:48 PM. Reason: wrong button

Comment

How to increase performance like a man

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
              I'm not one of the few, John. I'm one of the few hundred thousands. I'm running a two year old i7-860 OC'ed @3.65Ghz. Its actually the game lacking the correct multi-core support. The game is being hindered by 10 year old DirectX 9 tech.

Nailed it!
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yeah no kidding. I have a I7-3930k (thats 6 cores for you haters out there:D)[email protected] 4.2 ghz running on my SSD, 2x GTX570s, 8gigs of ram and in bigger battles even I get lag as low as 20 frames. Dafak is that all about? Poor SLI support ontop of poor multi-core support?

Ill give this a shot though, thanks Al!
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Pump the brakes, this wasn't an attack on you. I was trying to give him sound advice about trying the game before dropping money on new hardware. Few hundred thousand, were did you get that figure?

Comment

Are you guys really having problems with i7's? i have a first gen i7 at 3.8ghz
                    works like a charm
                    the optimization seems extremely unpredicatable, except for its hatred of AMD cpu's :p (ven)

Great find big, ill be testing and will bring back some results
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                      Pump the brakes, this wasn't an attack on you. I was trying to give him sound advice about trying the game before dropping money on new hardware. Few hundred thousand, were did you get that figure?
                      Check the forums, in tech support. This car is missing the brakes. :)

Comment

Check the forums, in tech support. This car is missing the brakes. :)
                        Lets just say I would be surprised if PS2 has more than a few hundred thousand playing at all, and I'm really don't think all of them have an issue, but were getting off topic here.

Comment

Joe, to be fair SLI support for most titles generally lags behind release, in fact sometimes by quite some time (like over a year). Give the latest Nvdia drivers a try. I'm running a GTX 680 Superclocked and after release I started getting micro stutter and a lag pause where I would inexplicably drop 10-15 frames. This didn't happen in the Beta.

Downloading the latest and very recently release Nvidia drivers completely fixed it.

I'll try and post the Driver release version when I get home.

Comment

The only thing I did from that guide was to set the games priority to high and I noticed good frame rates all night last night in large and small battles.

Do not set the games priority to "real time"

Indicates a process that has the highest possible priority. The threads of a real-time priority class process preempt the threads of all other processes, including operating system processes performing important tasks. For example, a real-time process that executes for more than a very brief interval can cause disk caches not to flush or cause the mouse to be unresponsive.
                            http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/.../10022675.aspx

Comment

I cannot acces that page linked in teh start post, it tells me:

PlanetSide 2 Forums - Error
                              You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Is that forum blocked for Euros? Because we also had to register on planetside2.eu... at least the EU-people I know had to...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X