Guide to getting in-game voip working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to getting in-game voip working

I hope to update this guide when we get more knowledge about the system.

1. Make sure windows mic transmit volume is not at 100%, try 85%. Turn boost on.

2. Set voip to default levels

The levels are: 65% for receive volume, 50% for transmit volume

3. Find someone who has voip working

4. If you hear them clearly, adjust master volume to +-30%

Adjust Master volume or game fx volume so that the loudness of game sounds matches the loudness of the voip. 30% is just my setting that works for me, I put it there as a good value to start off with.

5. Adjust your computer/speaker volume to get desired volume overall.

The important thing is, if you hear any people clearly, do not touch voip receive and transmit levels if at all possible

Explanation:

The way it seems to work is that for the voip levels there is an ideal volume level, if you go over that for
      -transmit => everyone will hear you distorted
      -receive => you will hear everyone distorted
      In the most recent patch I noticed they changed the default voip levels from 65/75 to 65/50. I had requested a change various times in the forums myself, they changed it without anyone noticing, but it is a great change. For most people now default levels are fine. Problems occur when they adjust voip levels because it sounds really low compared to other game sounds

It is really weird but that is how it is. It takes a little to get set up nicely, but it is worth it, please take the time.

Thanks a lot to mach10 for taking initiative to test this with me at length!
      Please report if you have problems still, or if you have additional or updated information for building a better guide.

Re: Guide to getting in-game voip working

Was looking to use this instead of TS as well, only problem is that there is no good indication as to who is talking except the speaker icon next to the talking players name, which is not ideal in most circumstances, especially if you aren't familiar with people's individual voices. An icon on screen would do better.

Comment

Actually the person speaking is displayed to the right of the squad list/mini map.

Comment

Really? Didn't notice that.

Comment

Yup same for platoon/outfit/proximity etc.

Good guide BigGaayA|, I think the problem with voip at the moment is because people are using the wrong settings, even still though the Voip can get a bit patchy with gaps in the transmission, it does clear up after a while of playing, but they need to do work on it, maybe they are reducing the quality to improve frame rates or something.

Comment

Well regardless we really need to stop using TS...outfit will get a bad rep if no one from public its communicating with us.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
              Well regardless we really need to stop using TS.
              qft
              BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
                Well regardless we really need to stop using TS...outfit will get a bad rep if no one from public its communicating with us.
                Its a temporary thing, assuming this works for everyone we will use In game for 95% of comms, with TS Command Channel being used for squad leaders to talk to eachother.

Comment

This isn't the main problem with voip though, as it is fixable. The main problem is that you dont always actually hear what people are saying and when you do, the majority of the time its sped up weirdly. I'm assuming this is because the voip server (singular) is just completely overloaded. Before this is fixed I doubt its possible to use ingame voip for anything useful, as witnessed yesterday.
                  Hopefully they'll fix it soon so we can seperate comms properly.

Comment

Feriluce, I have hours and hours of experience commanding platoons of 2 to 4 squads that prove it is more than useful already. in the beta I found it much better than ts, although ts still has better sound quality.

In BF2 TG was one of the only ones to make voip usage compulsory. It worked out great, and we attracted many people in PR that could easily just come in the game and join in a squad just as any tg guy. This voip decision turned out so great for us.

On the other hand, some clans had not learned to use it even after 5 years of BF2. Always they were isolated behind their ventrilo\ts wall. They didn't even know it worked great, because over all those years they hadn't tried to get it working and stayed in the opinion that it was useless, even though it was a great advancement in gaming.

I am an avid proponent of not making their mistake.

Comment

Its very useful when it works, which seems to be early int he day EU time, where not a lot of people is on. During the evening it gets really, really sketchy. Again, I'm a proponent of using ingame voip when its working. Its just not working properly right now.

Comment

what about ingame Mic volume put that at 85% also? Holy mackriel ! I think it works somewhat maybe :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Once in game voip is usable for comms TG will be using it as primary communications at the squad level. SL to SL communications will be a mixture of TS and platoon chat depending on the situation. Outfit chat will be discouraged from being used as to not disturb people who may not be apart of or working with your squad or platoon. The current TS usage is a temporary solution to the current voip issues. Once solved you can expect a communications SOP that will be followed by The outfit.

Comment

I really don't want to leave TS until they implement the ability to send VOIP to a different audio device from main game audio. They were supposed to have been working on it during beta.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                              I really don't want to leave TS until they implement the ability to send VOIP to a different audio device from main game audio. They were supposed to have been working on it during beta.
                              I'm so spoiled by TS3's quality now, its tough to leave it behind.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X