Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable PhysX tweak, anyone try it?

At work, but curious if this actually works:

It says you must be using GeForce’s latest 313.96 beta driver and add these to your .ini file.

ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/12/pl...-simple-tweak/
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Re: Enable PhysX tweak, anyone try it?

Good find Astro. I'll have to try that when I get home. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

For the record it does work, not sure about performance or stability yet but it looks kinda cool :)
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

From what I've heard AMD Radeon users can work around physix and use the cpu to calculate what is den by the gpu when having an Nvidea and using physix... anybody who knows if this applies here to?

Comment

Well I tested it out more and performance gets rather laggy with it enabled over time, I don't think it's ready for "prime time" yet but will be a fun little addition when the performance is stable.

Comment

What card are you using to run it on?

Would an old 8800 do the trick?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I am using a GTX 680, you could try the 8800 and see how it goes, are you thinking of adding the 8800 as dedicated PhysX or is that your main card? I imagine the 8800 would be having a hard enough time running PS2 as is, without the extra bandwidth if that is your main card, if it's a second let me know how that works, I'm curious.

Comment

Nope have two 570s the 8800 would be dedicated to physx

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I think you can do that.
                  sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                  Former ARMA Admin
                  Former ARMA TGU instructor
                  Former TGU Headmaster
                  Current Noob
                  Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

I have a friend who did this with his old nVidia card. If I remember correctly the main GPU was a gtx260 and the PhysX card was a 8800gts. It worked well for a few days but it eventually burnt the 8800 out. This was over a year ago so mayne the drivers will prevent thus sort if thing now, just a cautionary tale for every one
                    sigpic

Comment

Used it last night, nice, adds some great graphical effects including improved damage indicators, you get a better sense of making hits. I did notice some occasional frame drops but can't say whether this is due to using the beta driver or having physx enabled. My frames would drop from about 60 on max settings at 1920 by 1200 to about 30 for no discernible reason, usually around large installations where there were a lot of aircraft flying about.

Will say that until the fps drop 'builds up' performance overall seems better with physx enabled, perhaps because it is shifting stuff off the CPU and onto the GPU as a side effect.

Will test again tonight monitoring both CPU and GPU usage. A quick fix is to alt tab in and out of game and fps returns to normal. I wonder if doing that maybe flushes vram or something.

This is on a gtx 680 SC running at 1175 mghz.

Comment

The Gtx 550 Ti I have is not compatible with the beta driver...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll try it friday night, or tomorrow if i have time.
                          running a 6850 as main and a 250gts as phyx card
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Played well over 2 1/2 hrs with it on. Seems ok but did get 1 instance of lag at a bio dome which lasted maybe 5 minutes but was fine after that.

Comment

Yeah Hobbit, BioDome was a problem area for me too. I switched it off, perhaps I will give it another try tonight.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X