Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and Tricks to Optimize Planetside 2

pastebin dotcom/kYZ0uJ4F

Tips and Tricks to Optimize Planetside2. Post here for future optimization round up sticky thread .
    Written by and Collected from various sources by Lito, aka Litoralis

1. MSI Afterburner

2. Iobit Gamebooster

3. Bitsum Process Lasso

4. Teamspeak 3 Overlay Plugin

5. Leatrix Latency Fix

6. ThrottleStop 5.00A

7. Allow applications to use > 2GB RAM

8. Overclock AMD mobile processors:

9. UNpark CPU in Win7, 8 and Winserver 2008r2 and server2012:

B. Or try this program: with tutorial:

10. How to set ULTRA settings:

11. Increase FPS using these tweaks:

12. NVidia Inspector

13. Planetside 2 RamDisk using only shareware/freeware

14. PS2 Fast Load.., pre-fetching assets for Planetside 2 (Alternative to a RAMDISK)

15. Planetside 2 - Flying with TrackIR

(I've been playing PS2 since 7th September and collecting this stuff as I go, still a work in progress and the .ini file tweaks might be outdated at this point.)
    litoralis, litoralis, litorale, adj (Latin)
    1. of the seashore
    2. Beach bum

Re: Tips and Tricks to Optimize Planetside 2

I use a .ini tweak that makes my game look good and i still get good FPS. Even if i put my game on low, it looks bad and the fps is even worse
    great finds

KoopaTroopa posted this back on December 1st (i just set motion blur off as well, which is not in this set up)
    [Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=60
    UseLod0a=0
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=0
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=2
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=3
    FloraDistanceScale=2.000000
    ModelQuality=5
    ParticleQuality=2
    ParticleLOD=2
    MotionBlur=1
    BlurQuality=3
    MotionBlurQuality=3
    VerticalFOV=74
    AO=0
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=3
    AOQuality=3
    GpuPhysics=1
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I've tried this "process lasso". I used it to automate giving Planetside2.exe a high process priority, and I also gave it I/O priority.

SInce the last patches I have increasing long freezes when entering a big facility of nearing a very big group. THis software helped mitigate this a bit. I think it might be the I/O priority doing that for me; my hard-disk very slow.

Also alt-tabbing is quicker, the difference being most notable when switching back to the game.

I tried boosting memory priority, but I had some crashes on boot with PS2. I barely know what that means though, and online research suggested that it probably cannot help.

Comment

memory priority does not help? thats interesting....Imma try it and see what happens....
        i allocate like 4gb of ram to minecraft when i play
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I didn't say it doesn't work. I had some crashes and am unclear what the issue was. Any information on this would be useful. I really don't understand what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
            I didn't say it doesn't work. I had some crashes and am unclear what the issue was. Any information on this would be useful. I really don't understand what it does.
            In fact I don't need to know anymore. In this software you can right click any process and indicate it as a gaming or multimedia process. Then you can turn on 'gaming mode' and it will use automated settings which would be better for all but experts. This is some damn nifty software it seems. You can also just close the program, and one background process will stay open (processgovernor.exe) that will execute everything with a the lowest possible footprint.

I thought it was working great for me with these settings yesterday, less lag, everything flet more fluid. But I now discovered I had only designated the process as a game, but not enabled the gaming mode. I'm mtesting that tonight.

But even without gaming mode this software seems to do many nifty things that I only have a glimpse of an understanding of. Nifty.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
              In fact I don't need to know anymore. In this software you can right click any process and indicate it as a gaming or multimedia process. Then you can turn on 'gaming mode' and it will use automated settings which would be better for all but experts. This is some damn nifty software it seems. You can also just close the program, and one background process will stay open (processgovernor.exe) that will execute everything with a the lowest possible footprint.

I thought it was working great for me with these settings yesterday, less lag, everything flet more fluid. But I now discovered I had only designated the process as a game, but not enabled the gaming mode. I'm mtesting that tonight.

But even without gaming mode this software seems to do many nifty things that I only have a glimpse of an understanding of. Nifty.
              What software are you talking about?

Comment

Bitsum process lasso. I played again yesterday. Everything about my game is noticeably smoother. Especially alt-tabbing and going back. e.g. when I bring up my map it goes within one second, usually it would sometimes take over a second.

I might be bdealing with weird bottlenecks here though. My harddisk is hideously slow really. I think that might be different then most people. Probably I'm getting much more lag then others where my harddisk has to load stuff. I suspect this happens when you approach a large facility. Possibly it doesn't keep these in ram.

Comment

I know this has been known to some for a while now, but I have to say: Wow.

To anyone with a higher-end PC who hasn't already tried this, try ULTRA settings.

ULTRA can only be enabled through editing the .INI files and by the looks of it, forcing ULTRA shifts some of the load from the CPU to the GPU. With all settings on HIGH I was getting ~70 FPS out of battle [GPU Limited] and ~20-25 in heavy battle. [CPU Limited] On ULTRA I'm getting ~50 FPS out of battle [GPU Limited] but a rock-steady 30 FPS [CPU Limited] in heavy combat. More importantly, it completely eliminated my framerate "crashed" where I'd dip to ~15 FPS for half a second, causing visible stutter.

That and the game looks damn good on ULTRA.

Here is what the Render Section of my .INI looks like now:

[Rendering]
                  GraphicsQuality=5
                  TextureQuality=0
                  ShadowQuality=5
                  RenderDistance=6000.000000
                  Gamma=0.000000
                  MaximumFPS=250
                  UseLod0a=0
                  VSync=0
                  OverallQuality=-1
                  LightingQuality=5
                  FogShadowsEnable=1
                  EffectsQuality=5
                  TerrainQuality=5
                  FloraQuality=5
                  ModelQuality=5
                  ParticleLOD=5
                  MotionBlur=0
                  VerticalFOV=74
                  AO=1

Cheers, I hope you get the same results I do.
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X