No announcement yet.

Constant CTDs post GU7 (GU8 not fixed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant CTDs post GU7 (GU8 not fixed)

I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. I posted this on the PS2 forums...

My system:

[email protected]
    8GB
    Titan (320.00)
    Win7Pro 64bit

All updated and solid all around. Before GU7 I had no CTDs, after GU7 I get them all the time, in the UI, on the map, standing, fighting, etc... I get them all over. Sometimes I can play for an hour before I get one, sometimes I get 5 in 15 minutes.

Again before GU7 I NEVER had this issue going all the way back to Beta.

I also do NOT have this issue in any other games or applications. And, I ran a bunch of stress tests, memory checkers, etc. All PASSED.

Now the real kicker, we have another system, similar but with a 680GTX, same problem!

So, at this point it has to be PS2 and not my two computers. Tech support acknowledged the issue but had no solution other than to just post on the forums and submit in-game bug reports which I have been doing.
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Re: Constant CTDs post GU7 (GU8 not fixed)

I don't know if this will help but, it may be worth a shot.

I had read awhile back that overclocking your CPU and/or your GPU could cause CTD's in Ps2. If you've OC'd any of your hardware, try setting it back to stock speeds and see if that takes care of it.

Good luck!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks... fortunately I've been solid since beta, but when GU7/4/24patch hit, bam! CPU limits and crashes, before none. I've run a ton of tests on two systems, swapping cards, stress tests, hours and hours. They are both totally solid except in PS2 and only after the GU7/4/24 patch. I've found lots more with same experience on the official forums, so at this point it has to be on them. I just can't find anything wrong here and it used to be really good, 60GPU (vsync).

Still like the game a lot but I might have to take a little break until a hotfix rolls around.
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

if it doesnt work on either of your PC's, i would try taking your PC to someone elses house, using there internet and try it, the only common thing between the two PC's is your network.

i was gonna say try to re-install PS2, but i'm 99% sure you've tried that already :p
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Yeah, I've tried everything you could imagine, even called EVGA tech and they also agree, it's the game, not our systems. I've talked with others who have brand new systems, with only PS2 on there, same problem! Its on the SOE forums a lot, so I don't think its possible for me to fix it at this point.

Comment

Somewhat bizzarly... Planetside 2 has an Appcrash every time I quit to windows.

It doesn't really bother me since it doesn't effect the game in any way, it's just... curious.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

yeah....thats strange :p

mine app crashes everytime too
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Me too.
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Same
                  sigpic

Comment

Probably just buggy software as usual. I crash every so often especially when I'm switching seats in a vehicle or switching around different things in the gear menus.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah the CTDs are not the end of the world, I just restart the game, but it sure can be annoying. I'm hoping the next GU helps because there is nothing I can do from my end. Although turning off PhysX seems to make it a little bit more stable, but you'll still get CTDs, which leads me to believe there are several causes in the game, not just one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X