Unplayable After Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unplayable After Update

My in-game screen froze 15 to 25 times today -- insane.

Insane that I put up with it.

I'll not be able to play again until this issue is resolved.

sad i am.
    sigpic

Re: Unplayable After Update

Hot fix solved the issue.

Happy I am.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, this almost makes me glad I've been too busy to play the past couple of days, so I didn't have to suffer through lock-ups and such.

Glad the hotfix got you squared away!

sigpic

Comment

I was in the "cool squad" last night on Indar and we were dropping like flies. I crashed so bad I had to run the repair function of PS2 to even get it going again.

Comment

I was in the "cool squad" last night on Indar and we were dropping like flies. I crashed so bad I had to run the repair function of PS2 to even get it going again.

Comment

Yeah, I have still been having a couple freezes here and there, although not as bad as they were that first night E-Male posted this. I may verify my files if if continues.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The last FNF was a total crash fest for me, for the first time since about GU03, even after the patch that E-Male mentioned. Could have been the Indar alert and the terrible lag that was contributing due to the whole continent fighting over single choke points.

I think when alerts happen there, or continent locks are attempted but held at choke points the density of players is too high, bringing the system to it's knees. If they can't figure out a way to fix that, or spread the population around the continent, I really fear I'm going to continue to have problems.

I'm running an AMD 6950 w/ i5 2500K.

Comment

I had many, many disconnects yesterday. Needless to say I wanted to punch someone right in the face!! :-)

AMD 6 core 3.8ghz
                AMD 7950
                16 gig ram

This game hates AMD!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Was cruising the official Ps2 forum when I came across the following solution:

Originally posted by Stigma
                  On advice from chat I am doing some testing now:

TSR Brandon M.: Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
                  UserOptions.ini
                  SoundSettings.xml
                  LoadingScreen.xml
                  InputProfiles.xml
                  vivoxoal.dll
                  vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

Will post results here (as well as update the ticket of course) just for the benefit of others having the same issue

-Stigma

EDIT1: So far so good - after following instructions I've played about 30 minues and still going strong. Havent even attempted to change anything except some basic controls yet though (no graphics settings ect.). Will verify that its stable another 20-30 minutes before i go to the next step and try to add back my old graphics settings ect. Will update on the process as I go.
                  He goes on to say, in a later post, that the game stayed stable for over 3 hours.

Might be worth a try for those that are still suffering from freezing and crashing issues.

sigpic

Comment

Validated game assets, thought it was doing a little better, but it kept freezing today. Now I will try what MK suggested. I will report back.

I would also like to add that someone (sorry, forgot who now, BSG62 or ghostshooter maybe?) told me they completely removed and re-installed the game, and that took care of the problem for them. They said it took forever though, if you go that route do it before you go to bed or something as it re-downloads the entire game all over again,
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I followed the instructions MK quoted and it hasn't fixed it for me unfortunately. Wish I could pin-point what triggers it, but sadly it seems completely random.

Comment

Same here. No pinpoint. First day was triggered by updating waypoints on minimap. Second day was respawning at warpgate. Very strange bug.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just froze again, upon restart I saw a patch installing. Was a link to this in the launcher:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...h-2013.133169/

Will see how it goes.

Comment

Even after the patch that was supposed to fixed the freeze/crash I am still crashing every time I insert to SL and at completely random times.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. The game has stabilized for me after the last patch. No crashes since. Would recommend sending your symptoms to Matt Higby.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X