Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Banned?

Hello all,

So, I just opened up PS2 to find out that my account has been banned?!?! Can't even log into SOE to open a ticket. It says I should have received an email about it, which I have not. No idea what is going on. I guess I will do the second thing that it asks to do and make a new account, then open a ticket with that. Silly that one has to create a new account to open a ticket about a different account!

--Aaron

Re: Account Banned?

If you can wait wait a day or 2. I think it might be on there end but I can't be certain.

Stupid launcher

FUN FUN

Comment

So, they replied to me this morning.

"We are not showing the account as banned. Can you try logging again? Please respond back with the exact message it gives you." - SOE

This is after I could not play Friday night through Sunday night. I was able to log in this morning. I asked what was wrong...

"Unfortunately I do not have any information, like said before, everything looked ok on our end. It could have been anything from login server problems to your specific server problems, such as a continent being restarted, that could give that error." --SOE

How could it be OK on their end when everything is on THEIR end?!?! It's not like I am trying to log into my on PS2 server, they own it!

So, the moral of this story is, they have problems, and cannot tell you what the problem was. Therefore, they will never fix the problem until they fix the problem that they can't tell what the problem was!

Comment

While it sucks what happened don't be so presumptive of what they did/didn't do to help your issue. Your connection to the server relies on many things and I know I had experienced the most peculiar bug not too long ago when I crashed mid-game and yet the server STILL MAINTAINED a connection with my PC.

I closed my entire EXE and so long as my computer was connected to the internet people were saying I still was on the server (and alive). I even went and restarted the computer; while the computer was off I was apparently disconnected and in a (dropped player state), when my computer came back online, but not even starting the launcher, I was supposedly reconnected to the server!

Daddyofthree23 or Sparhawkxx were in Teamspeak with me as this happened. Each and every time the server counted me being in game I could start the launcher but not log in to the server.

Bugs happen.

Comment

Just would have been nice for them to have acknowledged the issue. It's a crock of crap that they couldn't see what was going on. I sit and manage network and application performance all day long. I know if something is going wrong before an end-user even notices it. If they don't have the same capabilities, they need to get on it. At least make something up and say, "yeah, we had an issue, should be fixed now." They shouldn't just deny the issue. I looked around on the forums and their Facebook and it looks like this is a common issue (over time) and they rarely acknowledge the issue.

Comment

This I think is an SOE trait. When I played evercrack years ago I think I had the same thing when I contacted them. Actually Bioware did the same thing with starwars only thing they said it on the forums and that it was a larger amount of peoples fault :)

FUN FUN

Comment

I guess I am just used to accountability. I work in health care. Everyone is accountable. Every issue is subjected to root cause analysis.

Comment

Accountability in Health Care is a law while bug reports in video games isn't quite the same :D

Given today's congress I don't even think an Accountability in Software Design and Troubleshooting Bill would pass ;D (you have to figure they get things like this really often and SOE would have to employ a whole heck of a lot of trouble shooters to do this for all their subscribers)

Comment

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me out here, my account just got banned today, since the incident i have made three new accounts and every time i have tried to play the game it has said that my account has been banned for absolutely no reason!!! i hadn't even played on the account!!!! any help?

Comment

Hi me again, now that i think of it one of my friends injected planetside 2 with a cheat bot ages ago and since i have even reinstalled and deleted the file that contained it but i think this still might be affecting it, i was wondering if it is possible to "restore" or bring planetside 2 back to normal before the cheat bot???

Comment

A friend?
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

When I was server admin in Quake 3 we didn't ban an account, we ban an ip. So it doesn't matter how many new accounts you create, since you still have the same ip, your ban. As far as restoring..............hmmmmm don't think so since restoring and reinstalling does nothing to your ip. Welcome to the wonderful of responsibility............

Comment

Anyone who would do that is not a friend. Why would a friend sabotage your character on a free game, when they could have made their own character to hack with in two minutes?

My Bulls#[email protected] detector is vibrating!
                          sigpic

Comment

Regardless of who installed a cheat on your system, beatboxmaster, Tactical Gamer and it's members can do nothing to help you. You would be better served by contacting SOE's customer service and explaining your situation.

I wouldn't count on them reinstating your account though.. SOE, as well as Tactical Gamer, takes a very dim view of cheaters and hackers.

Best of luck.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...