Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken Comms - They're just not there anymore.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Comms - They're just not there anymore.

I've encountered the same error that many on SOE's forums are reporting about broken comms. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...at-all.144853/ is the most current thread describing the problem.

There are no players listed in the voice chat when I log in. Transmit/receive is also not responding - even my key bindings act as if they weren't there.

I've turned VOIP off and on multiple times, as this generally fixed it in the past. Has anyone else encountered this in the past day or so?

The last thing I was doing in game was last night (8.3) and that was adjusting my video settings and tweaking those. Didn't touch anything audio related so I'm positive that I didn't adjust a setting there by mistake.

Any ideas on what could be causing this or has anyone discovered an in game solution?
    Last edited by redwulf86; 08-05-2013, 12:47 AM.

Re: Broken Comms - They're just not there anymore.

As unappealing as it seems, maybe try reinstalling the game?

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Before reinstalling try:

- Clicking on the wrench icon in the games start window bottom left I believe. Then check all files are present and accounted for.
      - Then try to reset to default settings in game.
      - Only after doing this would I get to the thought of reinstalling.

I'm sure some more tech savve members will have some more ideas as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Just thought of something. Are you using the game through steam? Some people (including myself) have had problems with steam and ps2.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Thankfully the comms returned to working order the next morning. I did do the validate assests/delete files bit - just never a full unistall/reinstall. SOE never did give a reason in my support ticket as to what the problem was. Who knows at this point - just happy that comms are working. Playing PS2 without comms is awful.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X