NVIDIA Shadow Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] NVIDIA Shadow Play

So I just noticed that NVIDIA released a beta version of ShadowPlay with their latest driver updates. For those who haven't heard of it, ShadowPlay uses the hardware encoder on the GeForce 650 (and up) to record up to 20 minutes of gameplay and in game audio. The idea is something awesome happens in game, you press a button, and the last 20 minutes of gameplay gets saved. It's always recording, so you can save clips at any time. Apparently there is very little to no impact on performance, and should in theory, work with any game. A few people have tested it with PS2, and it appears to work quite well.

For more info see: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...ble-october-28, and this post by Undead on the video production forums: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/video-p...ober-28th.html

Re: NVIDIA Shadow Play

Thanks for the info CT. I've been using the built in vid capture but would really like the audio side as well. Definitely will give this a try.

Comment

I had no idea that technology like this was a thing, but that's super impressive. And the use model makes a lot of sense. I can't count the number of times I'd wished I'd already been recording when something awesome was happening.

Alas, ATI card here. Which is a shame, because NVidia seems to be the one doing all the interesting stuff these days...

Comment

I can imagine ATI doing something similar, as I think most of their modern cards have hardware encoders in them (ATI Avivo).

Comment

I recently read upon this as well. I really hope to see this in other companies like AMD. I really hope that I get get a 670 and try this out for myself.
          Questions about those who deserve it!
          "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Disappointed my GTX 560Ti isn't supported..

Now I can't wait for tax time or, as I call it, upgrade-the-video-card-time.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
              And the use model makes a lot of sense. I can't count the number of times I'd wished I'd already been recording when something awesome was happening.

Alas, ATI card here. Which is a shame, because NVidia seems to be the one doing all the interesting stuff these days...
              +1 on the use model

+1 on me having an AMD/Radeon card as well

:(
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

glad I decided to spent the extra money on a 670 =)

Comment

I just picked up a GTX 780 and I can say without a doubt it doesn't hurt the fps at all..........both PS2 and BF4 are on ultra and even when your doing in-game recording (which would be dual recording) there doesn't seem to be a hitch at all.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. You can do some impressive stuff when functionality like that is built into the hardware.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X