PS2 is CURRENTLY down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 is CURRENTLY down

For those who think their computers are starting to die on them, think again. Currently the server are down due to a bug which caused the servers to not work after an amount of time. This was only noticed by the devs approximately an hour or two ago. So it will take time but no worries guys, as we all know, a patch is usually a WEEK of patches until the game works again.
    Questions about those who deserve it!
    "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Re: PS2 is CURRENTLY down

Yeah, when I got the usual "stuck at 96% login screen after a patch", I let the game set while I tabbed out to forums. When I came back (after 30 mins) and it was still stuck there, I closed it using Task Manager. Upon login, I was getting "server unavailable" in game, although the SOE site said Mattherson was up. Figuring something didn't finish all the way with me force closing the program, I verified files. When that finished, upon opening the game I was unceremoniously dumped into the "create character" screen. After hyperventilating for a few moments at the thought of starting all over re-creating my BR 80 character, I realized this was likely just a bug involved with the update. lol A quick google search and check of recent twitter feeds confirmed this.

Went to eat and came back and just checked and servers are still down. So all of us can stalk the forums in eager anticipation of hunting snowmens this evening. I'm sure Al will love it. :)
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

This update is VERY promising, I hope to get in soon

Comment

So, with the servers currently down for roughly 18 hours, TG has been effectively grounded, which is a shame because I am eager to get some lib gun time in. I have been getting quite skilled at lobbing shots down at enemies.

Comment

Well it was up this morning on matterson but Connery was down all morning

Comment

I know some people were able to get on last night (I spoke to them in TS), but even during that time I was directed to the "create character" screen. I figured it was a bug related to the update. I created a new TR character just to try and get past that screen and see if it would "phone home" and reconnect to the character server. But now, when I log in, all I see is my new TR character, not my BR 80 NC main. :/ I have read some threads about characters being deleted, and am starting to worry a bit. I hope this is all resolved soon and related to the patch, if not I am going to be a very sad panda. I have lodged a support ticket with SOE to try and find out what is going on, but I'm sure they are swamped right now.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Randy, I just queried your character via the API and it looks like all your stuff is still there. I sent you a PM with the deets. Good luck getting it sorted.

Comment

That's a nice account you got there Randy.... would be a shame if something were to happen to it... especially since it is level 80...

Comment

Yeah, as I said to you in PM, thanks for the concern and help Drona. But I will repeat here what I said in PM, in case it helps anyone else.

I figured "no big deal, this is related to the patch, character server must be down, SOE will get it sorted out eventually." But then I googled and found this story about people's high BR main being deleted accidentally after deleting a secondary alt. In that thread is a link to an SOE thread where people deleted a secondary alt and caused a bug in SOE's database that also deleted their main, with no way to recover. Pretty scary stuff.

Now supposedly this has been fixed a few months ago, but I am a bit worried right now nonetheless. Because I created a VS alt the other week and it was on the wrong server by accident, and so I deleted it.

The scariest part was, in that SOE thread, they basically said "too bad" to the people who were affected, and some had pretty high BR characters. Now I understand if the data is gone, it's gone and maybe there is nothing they can do about that, however SOE never offered any certs nor SC back to the affected players to make up for their lost chars, which I thought was incredibly crappy of them. My one saving grace is that I have spent money on this game, not only a 6 month membership but also some SC along the way, which hopefully makes me an actual customer in their eyes, should the worst case scenario happen and I need to reconstruct my character somehow.

I thought maybe I had the wrong login info, as it has been so long since creating my account I thought I may be mistakenly logging in to the wrong SOE station account. But I have tried all of my email addresses via SOEs "forgot station name" feature and come up with nothing. I have also searched all my email addresses during the time period I created my account (Mar/Apr) and still nothing. I still think it's a login issue but I'll be damned if I can find any other account login info anywhere.

So, as mentioned, I have a ticket open with SOE support. Not that they are busy at the moment or anything. lol But I will report back what happens.

In the meantime, I do not want to post up this weeks FNF signup thread, just in case I am pooched and therefore unable to host. So, could someone else maybe step up and do that?

Comment

I am willing to do it, but I don't have Supporting member so I don't have access to those nice graphs and things. I would recommend someone else with it to do it.

Comment

It's actually just a table. Can non SMs not post tables?

All you have to do is hit "reply with quote" to one of my recent FNF OPs, and you will have all of the info, basic formatting, and the table. Just copy and paste into a new post, making sure to edit the title, date, operational philosophy, etc. as appropriate depending on what you would like to do.

Comment

I can give it a try then.

Comment

Geez My character is gone grrrreeaat.

If this is not figured out soon I'm done with this game, absolute bull that stuff like this happens.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                          ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I had you goin Penny XD

Comment

Since the live servers are down, I think I'm gonna try and get a squad rolling during open playtests tonight on the PTS. It starts at 8PM EST if anyone cares to join me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X