Halp memory leakage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halp memory leakage.

It has come to the point where I can almost no longer fly in an esf in a fight above 24 people. I always, since player update 1, tab out to desktop with this warning (attached image)...incredibly frustrating. I have 8 gigabytes of RAM and when I survey the task manager I never go above 60-70. I have uninstalled/reinstalled RAM, and doubled my "virtual RAM" drawn off of hard drive. My ram runs at 1333mhz if that makes a difference. This on top of never being able to get above 30 fps is draining my ability to fully enjoy this game. Customer service refuses to help me as my graphic card is right below system requirements (the next card, the nvidia 640m, is supported, I have the 630m with intel I5).
    Attached Files

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: Halp memory leakage.

You have a laptop right? if so maybe you still got that warranty lying around and you can complain and say you'll sue if you don't get your leakage fixed! Companies don't like bad publicity XD. But in all seriousness, if you have the warranty available, that might be covered, if not, it may be time for a new PC since laptops are harder to fix since they require certain parts. Perhaps just getting a new hard drive and some ram is good, I did it with an old laptop and could run PS2 Low on that till I dropped it :(.
    Questions about those who deserve it!
    "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post
      You have a laptop right? if so maybe you still got that warranty lying around and you can complain and say you'll sue if you don't get your leakage fixed! Companies don't like bad publicity XD. But in all seriousness, if you have the warranty available, that might be covered, if not, it may be time for a new PC since laptops are harder to fix since they require certain parts. Perhaps just getting a new hard drive and some ram is good, I did it with an old laptop and could run PS2 Low on that till I dropped it :(.
      I can say with almost 100% certainty that it is software/game issue; no other game is having this problem currently; and like I said it only appeared after PU1.

I no longer have a warranty from Acer. It expired in December; was not willing to pay 70$ for extending warranty. Also, no monies from me anytime soon. I bought nice headphones, lawnmower, ipod, and need more money to get to summer job :P.

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

When you say you doubled the virtual memory off your hard drive, what exact setting did you change?

Comment

How much space is left on your hard drive?
          sigpic

Comment

[MENTION=47048]CoiledTortoise[/MENTION]
            I followed microsoft's recommendation here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7 I did this yesterday and am not seeing a noticeable change.
            [MENTION=27517]Toddshooter[/MENTION]
            I have 156 gigabytes free of 444 off a conventional 500GB hard drive running at 5400 rpm.

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

32-bit or 64-bit OS?

Also, I would be tempted to change your texture quality to "low" (if not already) and see if your mileage changes.

Comment

64 bit Windows 8; and texture quality has always been on low; I play on very low settings sometimes changing the graphic quality at medium leaving everything else on low

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Try defraging and cleaning your disks and drives by running the programs that come with your computer. And I'd say back up your files now in case your hard drive fails. And are those 500gigs to your Data or C Drive? BTW you had told me you had 3 versions of. Planetside and the PTS so maybe deleting two of them and then re installing it would help since it is just this game that has problems. If anything else, it is probably something g to due with your files since you have multiple versions of the game.
                  Questions about those who deserve it!
                  "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
                    64 bit Windows 8; and texture quality has always been on low; I play on very low settings sometimes changing the graphic quality at medium leaving everything else on low
                    Also worth validating game assets in the PS2 launcher.

Tough call at this stage, given that 64bit windows should be using all the memory pretty effectively (as should PS2). I wouldn't change the OS memory usage settings (leave them at "managed by OS").

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X