The one thing I miss in all video game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] The one thing I miss in all video game

You know the thing I miss the most in just about every video game is the ability to know what time it is in "real life". Yeah you can toggle out of the game to see but sometimes video games suck you in so much that time gets away from you and BOOM you smack in the midst of trouble.

I did some searching and came across a neat very small program called Topmost Clock by softdemon. Basically because PS2 wants to be in the upper most layer of your screen memory, so what you have to do is select 'windowed fullscreen' ( I actually had to edit the useropinions.ini file to get it to stick cuz PS2 kept changing it, don't forget to set it to read only after the change). By selecting this and running topmost clock you will have a real time clock sitting (in my case) the upper right corner. You can select the corner you want to have it show in but can not fine tune the position. As it is the clock sits just below any needed information on screen and I know exactly what time it is all the time just by glancing in the right upper corner.

Re: The one thing I miss in all video game

I have a background on my computer that changes every 30 minutes and a clock in the top right corner of my second monitor. It works wonders.

Comment

Watch on wrist FTW.

Comment

Clock on desk works pretty well too. ;)

Although, I do remember when I played a lot of Everquest 2.. they had a game time/real time clock that could be displayed on your HUD. That was kinda nice.

sigpic

Comment

Playing in windowed fullscreen will decrease your performance however, significantly in my case as I have an underpowered comp.

I usually just alt+tab periodically to check the time/switch my pandora or hold tab and see how much playing time I have accumulated.

The only game I can think of where it showed the real time is in pokemon on the bottom screen or in RPG's like Final Fantasy where you can see the time when you save your file.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
          ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
            Playing in windowed fullscreen will decrease your performance however, significantly in my case as I have an underpowered comp.
            I didn't realize that Penny, I play with a windowed fullscreen on my desktop and it makes the colors richer and appears to have more detail but that is a good point.

Comment

I wear a watch.

On a similar topic, is there a way to tell the time in Auraxis? I hate spawning at the warpgate and wondering whether I should equip my NV scope because I can't tell if it is sunup or sundown.
              87% Combat Engineer

Comment

Well I'm old and semi-retired so I think watches suck.........but then I think cell phones suck too and don't have one of those either.

As far as the time on Auraxis.......I don't think so, so just spawn in and look outside.

Comment

Cell phone = today's watch.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                    Cell phone = today's watch.
                    But that would require eye movement and possibly some head rotation; too much work.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by norelco View Post
                      I wear a watch.

On a similar topic, is there a way to tell the time in Auraxis? I hate spawning at the warpgate and wondering whether I should equip my NV scope because I can't tell if it is sunup or sundown.
                      I've been curious about this myself. I have a hunch that there is a way to figure this out through the API system SOE has given the community access to. You can find it here http://census.soe.com/ .

The cool thing is that the world is so well simulated that each continent is in it's own location on the planet and if you know the time in one place you know the time in another. I also have a hunch that Esamir is closer to the pole of the planet so that it's day/night cycle is skewed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X